Why don't you essentially like some genres of music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Feb 5, 2018.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few.

Shunryu Suzuki

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

I think it's just my diction that put you off. But if anything, I aimed to be everything but boring. What's boring is making the same shit everyone else is making.

I never said anything about new genre's not using elements derived from previous styles. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here. What I want to get across is that the people that give rise to new styles in music, like Skrillex with brostep within electronica, or the Migos with "mumble rap" in hip-hop for example, (I see you got k. as your profile pic) stick around and have a huge influence. No one else has heard their sound before. They fuck with that sound. So everyone emulates it. They're the first in the new wave of whatever style it is.

Would you rather be the one emulating, or be the one people are emulating?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I agree with you. But it's usually safe practice here to maintain a less outspoken approach for the first few months. Building a group of friends is as easy as building a group of opponents. And one is going to give you a much more rewarding experience in the long term.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you my affectionate friends!:bow::mates:

One day the music term was equal to amusement but like other fields, branched off and pitted humans against each other like this:

B.jpg

Everyone with his/her own preferences and way of getting amused. This conveys the Individualism and I don't know postulating it, is bad or not. Development-relatedly is so good but keeps people at a distance from each other and causes troubles in other fields of humanity.:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. m9cao

m9cao Producer

the problem is not about music, its about marketing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

9. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

(Mo)Joe is one of the pure examples of musicians who can compose (without neuroses) incorporating genres and stylistic elements as distinct as rock, dance, boogie woogie, techno, blues, electronic, classic, jazz, soul, latin, among others. An this is just one of the key elements of his artistic and commercial success. :winker:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

here is how "few" there are haha

its hard for me to take 12 notes, have literally millions of possibilities and call that "few"
    [​IMG]

11. Same for me with the extreme vast number of commercial products nationally and internationally marketed...except those things which are technology based because I cannot make the things I choose to use like phones, televisions/monitors and as well tools I need to make music such as guitar strings, most instruments and the like. Never can I buy food, clothing or essential items from that which is foisted upon and marketed to "consumers". It plain skeeves me.
    Great point. For me the difference is the "maturity" of the bassline and the arrangement. Sergeant Pepper is for the ages (even if it was listened to in mono) whereas Ivor Novello's Keep The Home Fires Burning is much more for me solely of its time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

hey homie,

do you agree that any moment you have ever found yourself having a thought, that you value the content of that thought as equally as all the other thoughts you have ever had?

or, do you agree that each thought a human being has in any particular moment, has to be evaluated in order to decide if it is fictional or non-fictional?

if i picture foster911 in my thoughts right now this moment ( with the intent of fathom the entire person) , is that thought i am having identical to the foster911 that exists in reality?
    (reality means the actual person that exits)
    if my thought of foster911 is not the actual foster that exists for real, then isn't it true my thought
    about foster911 could be said to only be as valuable as it matches to the real foster911? and to whatever degree my thought of foster911 does not match the real foster911, it would be by that exact amount my thought would be said to be fictional?
    this is called differentiating between fiction and reality.
    what is real or what is not?
    do you spend time when you have a thought to see if it is real or not? or by how far it is off?
    IYHO
    how do you tell what is real or not?

do you consider the content of your post above as 100 percent accurate to reality? ( or even above 50%?)
    which criteria do you use in order to quantify that?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

what is your answer why YOU don't like certain genres foster911?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Thanks !
    I will reply by this :wink:

15. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

There's really no genre where I dislike the whole thing. I think to appreciate any genre you have to get into the mindset of where and why it came to be. And then it can just take you away to another place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

It's the hardest thing to explain what makes a style proper for someone to enjoy but personally I'm so interested in inimitably uncommon but not so harsh and exaggeratedly made styles. Sth like a magic trick that musically impresses you eccentrically at least for weeks and I'm not able to find better words to elucidate and labour the point.:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  17. electriclash

electriclash Guest

tumblr_oud6bzZqcy1qlz1v3o1_500.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. foster911

foster911 Guest

Best answer has been selected contrary to the audiences' expectations whilom but OK, don't worry this one deserves a coveted award too.:bleh:

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

Life is sth like this or maybe more complicated (Reality or Fiction, no matter you believe in me or not):

CH.gif

Everyone struggles to find how it works, but no one can find a definite answer for it except its creator. Lots of people have made tremendous efforts to draw demarcation lines on every phenomenon to describe it perfectly but it's impossible.:bleh:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

well it depends on which emotion do you like to evoke inyourself :)

Do you want to harmonize yourself (and other listeners)?
    Or
    Do you pefer to destruct yourself (and other listeners)?

@spyfx : can't handle it if someone "dont likes your posted music", pfff :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018