Why don't most people here share their musics?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Michael Sa

Michael Sa Member

Its an old idea I put to much reverb on when I was learning how to do things, I started out having none on my old youtube videos, then someone suggested adding some reverb that when I started adding too much.

2. Michael Sa

Michael Sa Member

I found an old piano track I did when I started out, I've removed the underwater piano effect, does this sound any better?

3. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

I do not have the time to be a fulltime single father of two, A very much part-time audio engineer along with pushing my own stuff which I do purely for fun/an outlet, It isn't that I am ashamed of my stuff and I'll happily share it, I just can not go out and play live...etc. which is a frustrating position to be in but I wouldn't change it as family is everything to me.
    Here is an old one, When I was able to do full band stuff:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/28cgg0hp40ggzv6/2005 - Old Band Album.rar?dl=0
    Here is a much never one, Just me mostly with friends joining in for some parts:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x91go5t98ec5e26/2013 The Untitled.rar?dl=0
    I've got some newer stuff which I'll upload and share also,

Looking forwards to listening to everyone else's stuff who has posted, All the best to all as always & Seasons Greetings/Have a good one with your family, loved one's and friend's :wink:

Dean

4. G String

G String Rock Star

bit more reverb? :D It's better than the other as it's much clearer. But it needs something to 'stage' it? I want to hear it clearly but also have it set in a nice (big?) space. How to get both? That's always the question for piano stuff for me. Well, for everything? Dry is too dry and wet is too wet.

No doubt someone here can point your way far better than I. (I would suggest trying different reverbs, and if need be multi-tracking the piano and putting each track's different frequencies through different reverbs - and see if I could get crisp piano attacks and a big atmosphere.....but who knows?)

5. Michael Sa

Michael Sa Member

Thanks for the input I'll try some other method to get more reverb but keep the clarity.

6. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Yes... In the overall I'm happy, as I'm doing what I like and some money with gigs.
    Playing with some of the big Techno names and getting some great feedback from my performance, it's always welcome, and opens doors for the future.
    If you want to make money from music there's only two choices.
    1st: You do what you like, and continue poor
    2nd: You start doing what you don't like and sell yourself to the lowest price for some minutes of fame.
    3rd: You get lucky, doing what you like... This one is what is the most important!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. badman

badman Member

Hey people can I please get some feedback on this collab track.
    Made it with a guy overseas something a lil different

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Listened to your new stuff.Sounds heavy, production wise its also good.Miss some melodic stuff in there, some structured riffs, but thats the genre though. :wink:

9. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Because most of it sucks. And members here are smart enough to to know it sucks. Why would you want to share something that sucks? There's nobody here that can make offer anything better than what's already available regarding to song craft instruction.

10. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Do you use sends? Where you set up an auxiliary track with a completely wet reverb plug on it, then use the "Send" function on your audio track's controls to send part of the track's signal to the auxiliary track? If not, I would recommend doing that. You'll probably want to start out sending about -9 dB to the reverb auxiliary track from your piano track (you'll want to juuuuuust be able to hear the reverb) and automating your send controls on the piano track to send more or less when needed. Also, after the reverb plug on your auxiliary track, place a basic EQ with a HPF. Use it to lop off about 200 Hz from the reverb's low end. Now, your reverb is both easily-adjustable and no longer competing with your piano itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I love your song bro. I would buy your stuff. Impressive that you made the beat also. I'll message you privately soon. Im primarily a singer and have an idea I'd like you to be a part of.

12. louislouis

louislouis Producer

My First Proper Tune - What do you guys think???

13. indigo

indigo Noisemaker

14. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

more mindless noodling this time with old synthesizers and Abelton

15. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

Thanks my friend, Sorry it's been awhile, I've been very busy with the kid's and not had time to do anything audio wise, That's life.
    Yes indeed I hear you on the melodic thing, I may try to put in some catchier elements that use hooks based on melody, I like to not
    repeat myself over and over, So yeah really appreciate the feedback and shall as said try my hand at switching things up a bit next project I do.
    Always great to hear from you and as always all the best and to all as always :wink:

Dean

16. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Here's the latest....it would be nice to see more users sharing their music. The one thing that really bothers me the most, are the critics who make every effort to criticize other peoples tracks, but do not welcome the same criticism in return on their own tracks.They won't even post one track up so you're left wondering "should I really take this critic seriously? What does he know?" I would like to see more reciprocal nature on part of producers.

17. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

-> Hold On -> I really like the groove. It's pushed a bit hard for my tastes, but I know that's how you kids like it nowadays. Seems to be if you backed off a bit and tried to push bass harmonic up into the mids between 400 and 800 you could keep that big kick and have the bass be more present. FWIF, it's all just personal preference.

-> Tonka -> I enjoyed the syncopated nature, I can hear a little old school in there, was looking for a some pattern breaking, but I understand the intent. Sound good and solid.

Thank you for sharing man, as always ++

18. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

I agree Mozee, the bass and kick conflict a little for "hold on". I was listening in the car today and noticed that. Will have to do some touch ups. Thanks for the input! Much appreciated!

19. Michael Sa

Michael Sa Member

This is a little test to see if the Soprano and Alto voices would work in a new work written around them, what do you think? Does it sound real or computer synth?

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

Sorry if I bring up this dead thread, but I really want you to share your music. Believe me, there's no secret in playing with notes or sounds that you'd be worried about them. Please do it. It's the best thing you can do.:bow: