Why don't most people here share their musics?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 18, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

This track killed me.:thanks:

2. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

@Impressive: I always wondered why most of the time you posted music in tag instead of the section
    Same for many other people

I always post when I finish something, but it's not that often, and sometimes I don't post at all because I already know it's not something suited for here. I think lots of people have their own reasons. Maybe someone is not happy with their finished track; someone don't want to associate "audiosex" with themselves; etc.

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm really sorry for missing your dog. :sad:

If this is your 1 hour mix, so what you would do in 1 day. Perhaps the reason why my musics and styles suck is I don't have a dog.

4. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

get a dog today:mates:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. SOKRVT

SOKRVT Kapellmeister

You should definitely get a dog, they are the most loyal creatures a human can ever call his family.

Most days I do shitty mixes, like everybody else but I didn't really care how this mix sounded, i just wanted to express the pain I felt and this is all it does, a cry for help, despair, anger, grieve. Hope you never have to feel that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. complete

complete Producer

Thank you foster. I didn't mention that it's not my voice featured in the track.
    It's taken from Klaus Kinski.

:bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. foster911

foster911 Guest

This is the main cause I think. I have had big ambiguities about the diverse kinds of genres and also the way of their productions. All people know here that I have set strange and stupid rules for myself and yelled it loud.

You know it's not majorly my fault for my way of thinking. Unfortunately classically trained people and books and tutors have guided me to that paradigm. They always think about the perfectly choosing of the right notes. By entering their attitude, almost most of your time is being spent for internalizing those concepts and not much time remains for your self-experimentations. But I think it's enough to listen to them and respect your lovely opinions.:like:

This is the third time I post it here but I decided to choose only one of them:
    "The vexing part of my musical life is not being able to interconnect the classic and the modern paradigms. I feel some times that meditating on either of them, makes different humans from us."

Also I loved your track.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

most of us want to stay anon, your music is your identity, and your real life can liked easily to you, when you share music here and somewhere else.

so when i post something here, i cant post it somewhere else.

9. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

I usually do show all of my music on here, just got an unfinished EP that i wanna polish before showing :D

10. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

whoa!:keys::speaker:

11. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I am also hesitant to share my music on this type of forum. To say this site isn't linked to piracy is just silly. Every day there are comments about the "Sister" site. Well, most of us know what this Sister site is. There's a link to here on the front page for chrissakes! They have the same admin, the same staff, and a lot of the same members. Seriously, who are we trying to kid.

Also, I don't see many people offering good advice. I think that art is created in order to make people feel something. If someone shares their work with you, telling them if you like it or not isn't very helpful. If you really want to give them some good advice, tell them how it made you feel. That way they will know if they hit the mark, or possibly even give them a new perspective.

And besides that, I see a lot of people here who don't even know what they like, so they look for others to tell them. What's the best reverb?!?! What's the best drum kit?!!? What's the best this...what's the best that....??? I have 200 quid, what should I buy???? They don't even trust their own ears. They would rather rely on the opinion of complete strangers. Why would I want to hear the opinions of people like this?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  12. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

False! We all know 909 is best drum kit
    :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I think some people in here who like to talk about themselves in 3rd person like they have a Harvard degree in Production, Engineering AND Mastering should definitely be checked about their credentials. I wonder how they actually find time to produce music with a ratio of 1.x posts per day… ^^

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

Non of my semi-musics are alike to the my previous ones so I'm a multi-identity person.

Which Of them shows my main identity?:bleh:

15. genophyte

genophyte Producer

i forget i signed up half the time, plus im just a hobbyist who doesnt care too much about mastering 99% of the time.

also im really only on the the other part popcorn.gif'ng at all the comment section dramatics while lurking and hoarding stuff i rarely use

i have a few serious effort things under a different name but for shits and giggles many years ago i made this name and just sorta ran with it.

started doing this one a while back on a windows xp dell laptop with 2gb of ram , fl studio 10, a bajillion soundfonts, and i cant even remember all the free vst/vsti i used.
    but the laptop died and im missing a bunch of tracks i had been working on so i uploaded what was rendered and am slowly redoing the missing ones to finish a 12 14 track concept story thing.
    playlist

this is i guess a pet project that ties into the one above in an interwoven story.
    if anything its a benchmark of me working with sound over a span of many years, plus the habit of writing everything in fl piano roll in one flp file..cpu going full red be damned.
    for now its just act 1 and act 2.
    there two songs since the widget doesnt show number of tracks

act 3 ive been putzing with for the last 2 years sooo...

jazz and hip hop musings .
    another playlist one

this one i generally do one track a month, it isnt the greatest in the world but really do have fun playing with all the horn kontakt instruments and vsti out there
    top one is a playlist

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please don't worry about the possible piracy. No one has enough time to dissect and scrutinize your works note-by-note.

Just the ideas' protections are fragile and I think it's so normal as a listener or producer unless you don't want anyone listens to your musics.

We mostly learn from each other and this is the fundamental philosophy of living in a society.

17. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

C'mon mate. It's easy. They listen to my crappy music and their compassion made them decide to not share their stuff. :bleh:

18. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I don't have a problem posting my music, just assumed nobody would really be interested. Don't use Soundcloud, only Youtube even though I know that anyone who likes the music will just rip it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. davea

davea Platinum Record

What a great thread! I've just finished my website to introduce my new project.
    Here are few tracks, not finished yet but gives hopefully, a nice preview :

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

Lack of confidence and very self critical.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List