Why don't most people here share their musics?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 18, 2016.

1. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Answer: The "industry" doesn't give a shit. It's nothing new or threatening to the industry.. the industry shall remain. You just listed 3 questions the industry doesn't have in mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

People can get famous without the help of the industry.
    Some independent labels just don't care what you used to produce that killer track, it's the end result that counts. Plus I'm sure most people here would go legit should they have access to funding to all the stuff they use. Unlike some big names using cracked Sylenth far into their careers. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

You're exactly right. No one asks if you bought or stole hardware when marketing music. No one's checking receipts on hardware and software used to make a song. On the contrary, the producer retains the right to not even reveal what hardware, software, or secrets they used to make a song. It's only about the music being original. Most record labels sold dope and did a lot of crooked shit before they ever went legit. They were using the real "crack" to get ahead in the music game in the beginning when they had nothing. Even so-called church folk like Teddy Riley didn't grow up in the ghetto and wait to win the lottery. He got all the gear he needed to do what he had to do, and it wasn't because a job at McDonald's was paying well. If the industry cats even took notice of starving musicians using cracked software they'd simply look back and laugh about all the shit they used to do to make a dollar out of 15 cents. They don't give a shit how people bring the milk home to their families.. they respect there's people with goals who will do anything to achieve them.. just like many of them had to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. complete

complete Producer

Cat no more, but still a pussy! :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

I don't see the piracy a bad thing. All of us without even an exception are pirating everything, every moment, everywhere. In fashion, in cooking, in thinking, etc.

We grow up by pirating. In this complicated world with super intricacy, we will not learn anything without pirating. Even the developers are doing that from each other. We don't live in the evacuation and for being creative we should be a good pirate.

Of course the goal is not just having or bare using of them but just accessing the necessary materials for our creativity and mixings. One day, after finding out the value of what we have, we will absolutely appreciate the developers.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

A lot of people have their music under their own name, and would rather not be connected to their own name here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

Pretty sure that this is the no. 1 reason. Everywhere. The "I am working on this beat" of electronic music is the "I've got this cool riff" of guitarists and "a melody and some words" of a singer-songwriter. Always working. And somewhere on the way switch to another project to begin a new cycle.

The next thing is the "I need this piece of gear"-trap. People who just wait for a new guitar/synth/amp/FX/whatnot which is essential to their track.

The "problem" is not exclusive to as. In almost every musicians community you've got a "Show Off" sub which is only frequented by a certain group of people...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

well foster i just posted a track not long ago, and i plan on posting some more asap .
    here it is again for those who missed it:

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Well, you are what you eat. So in that case I'm doing pretty good at life. :wink:

10. mile15

mile15 Producer

I would not want to hurt your ears or that I will be responsible for your hearing loss ...

11. TW

TW Guest

Illigale stuff. Nobody wants to link their music with piracy. Shhhh its a hidden secret i dont pay for half of the stuff i use .....

12. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

For me it's completely the same as PopstarKiller and even though Andrew is technically right that this is not a software piracy forum, the fact that the owner and admin of this forum and one of the (if not the) most popular audio warez sites in the World are run by the same guy will always keep that image intact. My ambition is to turn this into a career and I don't want any possibility of me participating within the community both over here and on AudioZ to blow back if I would ever get to that point. I don't care whether people think that idea is close-minded or not (I do agree though) and to be quite frank, neither do the people that actually matter when it comes down to where you will get inside this business. So to me it seems like a better idea to just separate the two entities and make sure there is no possibility of negative blowback.

I have shared some of my material with a few individuals over here after a long time talking with them inside the general chatbox so I guess I still took some risks down the line but I trust these people enough from talking with them that I don't think they would screw me over would they get the chance. I love this community and love to interact with it and be part of all kinds of discussions but the very image it tend to has due to AudioZ doesn't make it the best environment to share music on in my honest opinion. Still love hearing what other people have to show us though, so please keep doing so if you feel comfortable with it!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. complete

complete Producer

Here is something I made. Not fully finished, not mastered and with a lack of variety, but at least I had some fun. :winker:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. virusg

virusg Rock Star

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

I don't want to share my music because i don't make money out of it.
    And if i would freely share my music into soundcloud.
    A random guy is going to download my songs and try to sell it without my consent and then he will claim he composed these songs while in reality he is stealing my songs behind my back and pretends to be a music producer under another name he created so that he can sue me for stealing his songs, while those was originally composed by me and not him. He is simply a theif who sues the creators that he stole contents from and then he is saying the creator of that content, while in reality he is not. Blaming the original creators so that he can earn money off their hard work.

And if i would sell my music.
    It would not be uploaded here by me.
    The music that should to be sold, should be very guarded against plagiarism pirates.
    High security measures would have to be taken in the process.
    Or else the light dream of my future becomes a dark nightmare that will never end.

And i also don't want my real name to be linked to piracy content here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Willum

Willum Rock Star

What?

This place is the forum for audioz, theres a link on the front page of audioz.

Why would anyone from outside our community think anything else but that audiosex is connected to piracy.

I thought it was a mistake at the time when the 2 places were linked, anything linked from the front page of a major warez site will be tainted by the connection.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. foster911

foster911 Guest

Sorry for asking.

Would you or others please show a video about any producer that has been got stuck in a serious problem for doing that (pirating)?

I'm talking about the producers (not dealers). Even if any producer commits such action, I think it would be temporary and not for his/her whole life.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  18. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

You would have to spot other peoples musics everyday from around the world to hear if they borrow something big from you that they often layer with their own shitty drum samples that is often taken from other peoples recordings without their permission.

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

It's great. Lofty thought behind your work.:thanks:

20. SOKRVT

SOKRVT Kapellmeister

I wrote this in about an hour, the day after my dog passed. Loved him more than words can and will describe. So, apart from all the other tracks i have on my SC, this is the only i feel close to.

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List