Why don't most people here share their musics?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 18, 2016.

1. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

So much great stuff here.

I will have to come back and listen to more, barley scratched the surface.

Here is some stuff I did a long time ago with a friend Raf. I was really into buzzy mosquito synths, Glenfiddich and time stops at the time. I can hardly believe that was so long years ago :( Most of those songs were old even before they were uploaded.Times flies so fast, I am afraid to go to sleep and wake up in a nursing home.

https://www.reverbnation.com/rrchon/songs

2. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I personally thought it was a mutual anti spam attitude. Honestly, I don't think a lot of artists actually listen to each other these days. they just want to be heard. So why waste my time? Im having fun, why should I stop and share my work only for no one to bother listening to it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I recently cleaned out my soundcloud and started on something new. so far I just have clips.

4. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

@superliquidsunshine - Ey, thanks for the feedback man, glad you liked it :)

@midi-man
    @NicoDPS // Same goes here guys, thank you very much, that means a world to me ^^ || I really like your song: Northen light, it's so retro & chill, i wonder how you made it, one day i'll try 'n create something in that way as well

5. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

@Sillytune : Gald you like it! I made this track for the Warp Academy Challenge, I can explain my process by pm if you want. ;)

6. akashaman

akashaman Guest

why don`t u share your music ?!
    because no one really cares ?

i with KingV up there :
    i just end up getting bummed out cause of lack of interest :
    and i hate being ignored , haha
    does anyone ever luv your music as much as u yourself do ?
    i guess so , if the music is greatness , universal or the like. but most music is mediocre , same ol , bland , generic , derivative et al :

in the right space it can be rewarding because of mutual interest ; say places that upload and share music exclusively : like soundcloud :
    but no one will ever comment on your trax there unless you comment on someones track :
    u have to pay to play , payment is listening and giving feedback :

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2017
  7. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

@NicoDPS - Yeh! Please do, can you tell me how do i PM you, because i'm not entirely sure how it works on this site :O

@akashaman - and that's perfectly fine, i've really come to believe that everyone in their mind believes that they can compose & produce great music, which quite often is really not the case, and most of the creations are kind of garbage?
    Because "to start" making music is kind of easy, you torrent the shit out of the software that you need, a decent midi keyboard, headset, and you're good to go.

However with other art, such as drawing - it becomes more complicated, not everyone can do it, or better yet not everyone is going to invest "a lot of time" into drawing and improving, most of the folks want instant gratification for their art.
    Like "i've made this, worship me now"

It simply doesn't work that way. People will like your/mine/ours shit, or they wont, and that's alright

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Guys, never let desperation and disappointment cream you. Some reasons like "who cares" are kind of hellish and signs and pretexts of getting pooped and burned and if you continue, the glimmer of hope inside you will be blown out.

I have lots of friends here that care a lot for all of my works and boosted my morale by their simple likes or even calling me benighted. I don't know what you mean by caring but my expectations are so petty.:bleh:

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"
    Why don't most people here share their musics?"

for me its the same reason why i dont share my spoken sentences, because there is no such thing as sentences being property of someone we all use the same word and arrange them into the same sentences to share an idea or concept , music is identical . music is a language that works a specific way we all use the same notes create same structures same tempos same everything but just like with how we form sentences to talk we form structures in music to express ourselves.

here is a fun video!

THE TOTALITY OF MUSIC>
    -------------------------------------

I spend the majority of my time with music as an education tool for myself studying to be more fluent in the language of music to unlock the complexities of the way it actually works and all possibilities.
    for example recently i been working on understanding fully, the larger structures than the key.
    [​IMG]
    in this illistration we have a larger than key structure. it contains 3 keys C major key and all its chords notes and modes, E major key all its chords modes etc. and G#-A flat major key. lets expand this large structure out to see all the relationship between all the details surrounding the chords notes modes in each key , how all three connect to make large structure ( based on C augmented chord C E G#)
    next we do the same thing with a C diminished chord we take each note and form major keys for the notes in C diminished chord this is the second large structure(note we use the II V I progression of each of the 4 keys as relationship to C major )
    [​IMG]
    now what we have is 7 keys built from C aug and C dim, we have all their chords all their notes all their modes all their arpeggios etc. lets expand this large structure outward to deal with the details.
    [​IMG]

we use the II V I progressions of each key and we see where the two larger structures connect to make 1 larger structure ( based on C major)

Next what we do is include the IV and V augmented chords ( of c major being F is iv and G is V)
    [​IMG]
    we can see by expanding the structure outward now to include these we now have access to all available chromatic notes in a usable way ( all related to C major as center point or home)

here is the full large structure now shown in one graph
    [​IMG]
    Next using the same methodology we create 2 more larger structures same way based on E major and then G#-a FLAT major. Once we do this we can now connect those 3 larger structures in to one mega large structure.
    [​IMG]
    Now all we have to do is build the larger structures in the same way but based on our dim shape and we have a ultra large structure .
    [​IMG]
    Now we have the ability to play ALL chords at any time, play ALL modes or arpeggios or substitutions or harmonies melodies, every possibility at any time , instantly. this is the LANGUAGE of music.

This is what i am working on mastering and studying everyday to be entirely fluent in music as a whole, instead of just writing a cheesy song and spending 100 hours on the recording, i can explore every possibility slowly and carefully everyday.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  10. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Hum I really appreciate this foresight. I Have to agree with you on this now.

11. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Really love this thread

Why don't most people here share their musics?
    30 + people listen to my track and I asked nicely for comments, but you alone were the only one who commented anything.

Things that make me say Hum,
    Makes me wounder if this tread is BS?
    People are self centered?
    People music is so much better than anyone's Else's?
    People didn't want to post bad comments?
    People are lazy?

I commented on others so let's not say I was lazy and did not contribute to this tread.

When you start a thread here to me all people are created equal.

So for me Why don't most people here share their musics it's pointless

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. foster911

foster911 Guest

@MMJ2017 I know a practical and on the fly way for harnessing harmony of any keys and any scales based on 12 TET and mixing all of them together (called modulation) that has not been studied in any book yet. For using it you don't need to know anything from music. If I tell it to you I'm sure you'll abandon any methodology that have spent most of your time discovering them, but it's my secret weapon and will carry it away to my grave and let music world be disadvantaged (not joking).:rofl:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. crecy

crecy Rock Star

This is one of the last tracks I put on up 3 years ago. I haven't renewed my Soundcloud in a while. Personally, I really enjoy contemporary\electroacoustic or healing\ambient stuff, but I am interested in almost any kind of musical manifestation, except commercial stuff.
    The track was made using "low brass" from Spitfire audio", Dargalon studio "kangling", Symphobia strings, Fazioli ebony piano for Kontakt and various percussion.

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulation_(music)

what you are describing is just entering the basics of music theory which you are centered on one key as your largest structure but then temporarily switch to another adjacent key a fourth or fifth above or below your key. this method is standard music theory 101.

"..(called modulation) that has not been studied in any book yet..."

it is in hundreds of thousands of music theory books for beginners.

it is of course a great tool for beginners to grasp and for anyone with any skill level to use.
    modulation is is in EVERY music theory 101 book. it is the most basic and simple beginning stages of music education ( nothing wrong with it at all either)
    the only downfall with it is since it is for beginners of music theory, it makes no connections to the whole structure of music theory it tells you nothing about larger than keys structures since it is a concept used within the confines of the KEY being the limits of your complexity. there is nothing wrong with it and is useful for anyone to use at any time, it just does nothing to show you how ALL chords connect, how ALL notes connect, how ALL keys connect.

if you look through the post i made previous to this with the illustrations it shows the ENTIRE stucture of music theory how ALL chords from ALL keys connect to any MODES to create ANY harmony at ANY moment in time with nothing missing. it contains the entirety of everything that can ever be done with 12tone ET

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please don't try to devalue my work. All of your mentioned connections and many more are possible with it.:rofl:

16. @crecy.. a bit edgy for me to listen to, as your pieces resonate with stuff inside me that makes me feel very uncomfortable and a bit depressed. I like them for what I imagine them to be though, small sketches mirroring how you try to understand the complexities of this ultra fast paced information riddled consciousness that most of us find ourselves in these post modernistic days, but if I want to feel these feelings all I need to do is to pull up CNN for their skewed take on what's happening to us as a whole. Thanks for sharing though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I dont follow "devalue"? all i did was speak in pure information terms about the way things actually work in real life ( in music)
    the reason i posted all those connections about the way music works and the larger structures was so you and everyone could have access to it. im not hiding anything just for myself. im a student of music wil be till death and i try to share. if you read what i wrote you will see nothing similar to "devalue" i spent most the comment explaining that modulation is great for anyone to use at any time.the other portion of my comment was just explaining that there is more to the way music works and i explain what that is.I am just trying to share homey.my comment was not an attempt to negate what you had mentioned but to present pure information related to the topic your comment was about my brother.
    your whole thread was a thought in form of question about other people and why they dont share their music. i went into every detail of how that question pertains to me , how that the time effort and energy that goes into me making a song and recording producing engineering it, i instead can take a melody or harmony and practice going through every single possibility for it covering every option, this is why i dont write and album a day and post it where each song has 3 chords one melody. granted if its jobs i will write and produce songs, and of course when i explore every option and perfect with starting with a melody or harmony and decide among every possibility then i can choose to make it into a song . i just dont see much value "( at this point) after the number of albums i have made in my life to just try make as many songs as fast as possible. im more concerned with how good the music is that in the end what i choose that will end up being the song will have been chosen once i explored every single possibility with that structure.
    to me its the difference with making music impulsively on the fly or spending 12 months working everyday perfecting the music theory behind what will be a song covering every possibility. building my language skills because as you get better at improvising means the quicker you make music the better it is and the more inspired you get, you never have writers block again, in the same way when you think an idea to talk someone you never get " talkers block" the words just come out because you are fluent in a language.

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

The reason I don't reveal it, is prevention of possible sloth that will be spread in the whole forum and sweet music theory discussions would go to an end.:rofl:

19. I sincerely don't understand how all this could help me to write a song. Granted, everyone travels their own path, picking up both consciously and unconsciously bits along the way to patch together a road map to inform and guide them to the next place, but for the life of me cannot get my head around this theory of everything and how it could help me create a melodic window and a formalized drape of harmony to make a nice place to relate, view or express the world around me as it resonates in frequency to my bones. Please help me out here because I genuinely want to understand. I didn't grok it in my 1st period high school music theory class all those years ago, maybe because I couldn't relate to my teacher those years ago or maybe because I'm too thick, but I am open to learning now.

20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I get you my friend hahaha