Why don't most people here share their musics?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 18, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Hi!

1- Over 20000 members here but when you look at "our music" section, just a few people do that? Why?

2- Is it because the rest are pro and don't want their styles to be stolen?

3- Who are you exactly? Would you please introduce yourselves and tell us for what labels you're producing.

For example about myself, my label is "My Mom" and also my musics are so complicated that I'm not concerned someone dares to do that even if someday someone does that I would be so happy. :bleh:

At least please entertain yourselves with my last opus if you don't want to answer. This is free::cheers:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Shut The Fuck Up :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

Simply because they are hiding behind the massive amount of tech they possess (illegally) and their music sucks and have no content to brag about much like your track above! You should call all your music "still nothing"...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

I was thinking it's a masterpiece, something at the level of Beethoven's.:bleh:

6. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

I aspire to one day make it big and don't want my music linked with my admissions of piracy here.

• Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. jordan77

jordan77 Ultrasonic

Yep I'm sure that is the main reason. There is a lot of great producers that uses many of illegal stuff and don't want people to discover it, when they make big tunes.

8. I played it backwards and the voice said, "Pray for a miracle".

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Ok, if you insist :winker:

Sure not most people's cup of tea but I enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoy making it. I proudly post my music on here all the time & I don't care if people say it sucks. I like what I do. I take pride in my music.
    As for not being linked to piracy, I will never hit it big nor will I even get promoted. My music just isn't capable of that. And I'm too ugly for any fame or stardom.
    Edit: Be Here Now's new version has been released.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Apart from serious reasons.. Mostly because most of us pile up sooo much BS about how to use this and that and how shiny our daw is and how shitty others mixes are. So, we would really HAVE to show SOMETHING. Comfort zone..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

I think that most people never finish music.

I went legit about 6 months ago and I still love this forum, it has the best people and it's run by the nicest admin.

If you haven't finished a song yet, do it and post it today. Good things only happen to those who do.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

I like reading stuff here; regardless of music related or not, the people here is cool.
    Other than that, I don't finish much because I'm a lazy ass or because I tend to undervalue my stuff and consider it not worthy of an upload; maybe soon I'll upload something

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  13. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

question is when is it really finished? :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

I can't speak for everyone here. In my opinion it's best to use a pseudonym for discussions, and especially for sharing music material here. Anyone who is not yet where they want to be should conduct themselves the same way they would if they were on "top". Your chances of getting "there" are greater when you dress and act the role of the position you want to be in even before you get there. There are needles in a haystack where a magical opportunity presents itself in the form of a YouTube discovery. But generally, there's a vibe that puts the "wanna-be" brand on most who desperately seek attention by sharing their home projects on the net. A talented singer for example should not upload selfie videos of them singing covers of others songs, or clips of themselves singing karaoke at a bar. You have to have the attitude you are already famous and carry yourself that way early on. Anything one submits on the net before becoming a star should be careful in that decision because it's evidence that can be used to label the weight of someone's character and talent if presented in a quality that doesn't live up to it's true potential. If you don't have all the resources you need to render a product that is competitive with the modern quality that suits the ears of the masses.. your journey should be to seek and make contact with any and all persons who have the resources to take your material or talent to a level of stardom. A producer, rapper, singer who truly believes they have what it takes should spend all their time marketing themselves to record labels and people who are higher up the ladder by having the confidence you're good enough for one of them to eventually bring you on board. You have to target the big fish, send them material, approach them in person, and talk with them eye to eye.. not as a fan. Most people who share their home projects directly on the net have no marketing scheme, and not as much faith in where their level of talent can actually take them. They aren't truly seeking the career they claim to want, and are only seeking a small amount of attention that will make them feel good about themselves.. sold at a cost of $0.00. It's very simple.. If someone "knows" they can throw down like a heavyweight when it comes to their musical or vocal talent.. who do you think they will be most eager to show what they can do?

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  15. @Impressive...
    Although I see you as a tiny little pussy :winker: I always find that your music is largely impressive.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Speaking for myself, I don't shit where I eat. Just kidding. This just isn't a venue to promote my music, nor to "discover" others' music, and I am not interested in soliciting, expressly nor by implication, "What do you think?" from other members. Audiosex is where I go to find out about new hard- and software and how to use it better - and to get sucked into futile political discussions which end-up deleted by moderators anyway.

I approach Audiosex this way because I am tired of neophytes and wannabes shoving their unimpressive talents and unoriginal ideas in my face and promo-spamming me on social media, and acting like I'm supposed to be impressed or to concur with their own inflated opinions of their own music. I also don't want to tell anyone here what I really think of their music. I have, a couple times, and I regret having been so harsh, but hey, they'd asked. It is too much to expect me to extend any support to someone who wants to have a career as a "producer" while they ask, "Do I really need to know music theory?" or, "What software should I use to write lyrics?"

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Since when is AudioSex linked with piracy? :dunno:
    It's possible some people in the industry take a quick judgement on AS, but it's a very unenlightened thought. Piracy (warez) was never allowed on AS, ever, outside pure discussion.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

what the industry needs to think when an forum gets linked to an warez site ? what the industry needs to think when people asking for warez stuff help ? what the industry needs to think when this forum are runned by the same person which are running this warez site ?

no wonder for me .

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Well I've just officially solved that by changing my avatar to something other than cats. It is clearly no longer a cat now. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

And the industry will happily ignore the ways of kvraudio and "price policies".
    The industry happily ignores 8dio's practices.
    And pirates are always to blame, right? I sense hypocrisy alert.

Cockos used to take the same route, offering help no matter if this or that product is pirated. I'm sticking with quick judgement and fear of status quo being changed. Plus some snobbyism and ego on top of that.

Fortunately, only few individuals are that close minded and some well known people made it here, for which I'm eternally grateful. :bow:

Anyways back on topic...

The main reason for me is that I'm not entirely happy with how my tracks sound. There's always room for improvement and I have yet to call one of my tracks truly finished. Those that make it to SoundCloud are the ones where I sort of gave up on the polishings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  21. jhn

jhn Ultrasonic

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List