Why does Ableton NEVER Load Sylenth Properly?

Discussion in 'Live' started by AB69, Dec 29, 2014.

1. AB69

AB69 Newbie

I feel like I am missing something with the way Ableton loads the plugins.

The plugins show up. I can use them if I drag them.

However, when I load a template into ableton for learning purposes, the majority of external plugins (the ones that are not in ableton, ie Sylenth) they do not load properly.

Therefore the patch for say the bassline isn't there. I can drag sylenth into the bassline plugins section, but then that means the patch is the default sylenth patch and not the one used for the bassline for the template.

Any help? Thanks.

3. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

I think it has to do with where the files are. If the person who created the template had his presets in "my documents" for example but you have them somehwere else, then it won't know where to look and hence, loads the default settings.

So you'd need to know where the person who made the preset put their presets so you can do the same, then I'm pretty sure it will load.

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

try looking in the template folder to see if the presets are there, load them into the vsti and then save the template again, do they now now load correctly when opening the template?

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

working good here, try a legit sylenth1 copy?
    or there is something with the naming of your plugins. template makes like the rename dll. :( sucks i know.

6. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Try reinstalling Ableton as well as Sylenth. If that does not work you can build an ADG eg by adding an utility to your Sylenth (which has a poor volume control anyway).

Suc6