Why do you not want to accept that "Good music's era is over"?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Lager, Feb 8, 2020.

1. johnw

johnw Kapellmeister

Every decade has good music ... 60's The Beatles , Elvis Presley , The Rolling Stones ,Bob Dylan , The Beach Boys , Frank Sinatra.
    , 70 Elton John , Pink Floyd , Abba , Led Zeppelin , Bee Gees , Wings , David Bowie.
    , 80's Madonna , Michael Jackson , Falco , Sandra , Modern Talking , George Michael , 90's Mariah Carey , Janet Jackson , Metallica , Guns N' Roses , Outkast etc . My point ... Is a lot of music there , still to be heard ...

2. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

:facepalm:You are forgetting 80's Milli Vanilli, 90's Aqua, 00's Britney Spears and ~10's Justin Bieber:hahaha:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. tun

tun Rock Star

that depends on what you call good music

4. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

good example of lame music industry...these dude is actualy a great musician..hate to say it but yeah..

dude i forgot name...no fck...dieter bohlen....he is big time always there main critic at germany search for supersthug or how its called..

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I also do hate him but it seems his first albums were written by him (I was shocked when I read this). I don't know his real talent but I gotta give him some credit even if I don't like neither the guy or his music.

Now he seems quite wasted, to put it nicely.

As a side note, a couple years ago I wrote here in this forum that I accidentally listened one of his songs (coffee/bar music playlist) and quite liked it. I had my fair share of down-votes, which is understandable. But later I discovered he wasn't him, it was one of Ed Sheeran hits... talk about being up-to-date with modern pop music :rofl:

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

OMG :rofl:
    Indeed, this pew pews all the bad music away. In fact he pew pews everything away... :lmao:

7. HappyFork

HappyFork Ultrasonic

Can't we just all stick to:
    "The music you like is good music, the one you dont like is bad music"

If you try to define that for every individual on the planet, you will result in a massive headache and that headache is certainly not necessary.

8. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

naw men...i dont like a lot but that not means it no good music...and than there is bad music
    --
    but i hear where you comin from..

9. Lager

Lager Guest

This is the worst reasoning which at the end brings forth stupidity. You know the whys and the wherefores better than me. Bad music exists because producers and listeners don't listen to and aren't trained to make good music.

Bad training leads to subjectivity and it's one of the asthenic enemies of objectivity but finally objectivity wins. Who are behind the propagation of subjectivism on the planet? Is it a programmed project? What are its goals?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020
  10. tun

tun Rock Star

i agree, but its not political correctness that drives it. theres nothing politically correct about sexualising children

11. sparkles

sparkles Guest

If we accept and believe that the good music's era is over, then we all stop making music

12. hartcru

hartcru Ultrasonic

A force de manger du caviar on peut s'en s'en dégoûter, nos oreilles sont tellement sollicitées, sur est gavé de musique sur tous les nouveaux médias, comme dans l'art en général "Tout fait l'affaire", aucune Académie à contredire, liberté absolue de création à la seule condition que ça rapporte, Standardisation du goût et du coût, on est peut être lassé .... à quand une grande révolution musicale?

By dint of eating caviar we can disgust it, our ears are so solicited, we are stuffed with music on all new media, as in art in general "Everything does the trick", no Academy to contradict, absolute freedom of creation on the only condition that it pays, Standardization of taste and cost, we may be tired ... when will a great musical revolution?

13. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

If you're talking about Hip Hop, you're right... Now you have Crap... sorry c(t)rap.
    Also, if you only listen mainstream garbage, you'll never going to find good music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's all part of the PC narrative as it's the same people who are pushing it, and they get to decide who is allowed to say what, since they control the media and the distribution channels.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I'm let down... I was supposed to say "My music is amazing!" and you were all supposed to say "Oh yeah, well prove it!!" and I was going to say "I don't want to prove it, because if you don't agree my fragile ego will collapse like a black hole" and you were supposed to say "Well shut up then" and I was going to say "Well ok then, listen to this" and you were supposed to say "OMG you ARE freaking awesome!!""

:hifive:

But now it's all ruined.

16. tun

tun Rock Star

yea i suppose the meaning of political correctness is relative, and they do in fact have more influence on people than anyone or anything else, so yea you are probably right there :(

17. tun

tun Rock Star

this!!! ^^^

18. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

C'mon, EVERYONE has friends that listen to music and can recommend things to check out. And that was before the interwebs. Now, if you like classic rawk or prog or funk or whatever you join a FB group or forum and just say "Hey, I like *this*, recommend me some new stuff" and you'll get it. Anyone who can't find good new music is either a lying troll or willfully obtuse. Sounds like this is the former...

19. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Or either both...

20. mp5

mp5 Producer

For me it ended by the end of 1970s. Introducing early hardware synthesizers and rhythm machines started to ruin it, and it continued with introducing DAWs to any clown. Antares Autotune just finished it off. Now everybody is 'composing' some variation of "Daisy".