Why Do You Call Yourself ( . ) ( . ): Avatars and Monikers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by superliquidsunshine, Aug 26, 2015.

1. It might be both educational and hilarious to share why we all picked our screen names and avatars. Creativity takes many forms, and this always seemed to me an interesting reflection of our inner world, i.e., the public masks we use as prop to represent ourselves on the world stage. Although masks are probably as old as mankind itself and have been used for many different purposes throughout millenniums, they are now used on a casual daily basis for a billion or so people in the last decade or so...so, what is your story?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

cuz I like tits and I thought it was funny and clever to use that symbol as my username.

Everyone loves tits. And so it's a nice way to sort of break the ice with people online and not take things too seriously. I'm someone that enjoys making jokes once in a while just to let go a little from all the tension and just relaaaaaaaaaaaax. I need an outlet :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i am with tits here. should you not love tits? tits are something crazy ... something you can sleep on ... well ok i will stop here, maybe not PG13 :chilling:

ok this was OT:

dunno, it was a bit inspired by TEAM ARTiC and just added STORM to it, found it funny. really like it still.

i have lots of different nicknames anyway over the web.

@superliquidsunshine ohhh 69 Likes, if that doesnt mean anything. :hillbilly:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

I was in a band called The Westfinch Blues Band. The name was derived from our practice site, which was a few miles West of a community named Finch. We are talking about out in the deep countryside.

6. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I love tits. I keep kicking myself when I think about why I didn't choose (.) (.) myself. :rofl:

Mercury is my nickname in real life, but the persona was already taken, so I added my last name to it. I still like tits more.

7. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. I was front row center doing security at Meatloaf's concert supporting his Bat Out Of Hell album in the late 70's at my school (we got him for like 12,000 bucks, Neil Young was 25k and his price too steep for our budget, and Springsteen refused the invite, the shit you remember LOL). Anyone, this guy I knew came on over to me , putting something in my hand, and with a great big grin on his face and incredibaly dialated pupils, said, " I have crossed your palm with super liquid sunshine". Ah, LSD of the time had such lovely titles. I always fondly remembered this story, and when it came to to choosing a name for this site I thought it would be a good one to use, every time seeing it like a flashback to a bygone era and an homage to a very trippy and fantastic show.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Mr_Amine Means in Palestine [​IMG] : The honest Man , So I Like it & Now I'M Using it since a long time
    beside Mr_Amine is a mix between Honesty and Science :shalom:

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

Well, I just realized that my Nickname is wrong. It should be Revirau. That came from a Tango slang, the lunfardo. It means something like going crazy, mixed with angry. On the other hand, Revirar means in a card game something to "double the bet" (I'm not a gambler). Doblar la apuesta, and you can use that in other contexts as a figure of speach. I didn't have and avatar here (lazy me), but in the AZ is taken from "The LIfe Of Brian" a Monty Python's film I like so much (long to explain that).

11. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

I can't speak for everyone but i know i do.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Rhodes is just `cause I love to play Rhodes... and it is easy to remember :shalom:

13. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Can i add my voice to @( . ) ( . ) ?
    In fact, i change avatar often. But mostly women (full...or part :bleh:)
    Because i tried to be "serious" in my choices, but it never worked.
    One of my nickname was "Thinkbyyourself"...but a lot of ppl are stupid enough to not even understand what it means :rofl:
    So i stopped being "serious". It opens the discussion (like ( . ) ( . ) said).

And Pipotron3000 is about a funny sentence generator, creating empty sentences like politicians, economists and such *ssholes :wink:
    So even if the word "Pipotron" is funny in french, it still a serious reference to bullsh*t we are fed with :wink:
    PS : and "3000" is a reference to the stupid "2000" glued to stupid products made by stupid companies...before year 2000 :rofl:
    PPS : here is the Pipotron : http://www.pipotron.free.fr/

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

I like spiders :} also spiderman. (everything about it but movies)
    My real name is dervis. So I mixed. In addition, vis means power. So I use the same nickname for 15 years or more.
    About my avatar, I just prefer blue to red.

15. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Because Bass is my fav! lol

16. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Mykal is twist on my real name. My Dad being the American he is, hated the way my named sounded in German, he thought it sounded too much like Michelle, so we came up with Mykal to make all the other students kinda say it right. But when I am in the States I go by the German pronunciation. It's fun to mess with Women at a bar because they can't say it right :bleh:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

i am a nightwalker,most of the time i go to bed around 3am,my wife tell me that i am a vampire,but 3 years ago it wasnt like this,i used to go to sleep early but when a get sick with pneumonia and bronchitis that shit made me stay asleep all nigh,now thanks to god im ok.

18. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Alp is my real name. And Alphaone is the name of alpha animals (the leader of a tribe) and also US president's callsign is Alphaone, so to say the most important person (again...meaning leader). But my nick is written with a zero not with an 'O', that is actually an irony to the 'leaderness' in the meaning itself .So the 'One' is actually a 'zero' to claim that there is only one ONE in the universe and that is GOD itself, and me is actually a 'zero' bearing GOD inside my soul.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I reckon the name is a sort of statement of who we feel we are regardless of our birth name. How we would like to be referred to, like an identifier. I feel that an avatar is a kind of extension of that but it delves further into our personality type, like our type of humor etc.

If we are not on social media then we do the same kind of thing walking about in the real world.
    We express ourselves through what we wear, what kind of logo's or lack of logo's we have on our t-shirts etc. as a way of showing what we are about.

I also think it's a great way to step outside of your normal existence and present yourself as you see yourself or would like to be seen.

I feel that if we were to present ourselves as we really are then things could either get very boring, very controversial, tits up & chaos or even extremely interesting. (Scary enough to send some people running for the hills)

Masks protect and can make us more interesting and even palatable in the small scheme of things.

I personally and boringly enough use DieM because my first and last name initials are D & M and saying them together sounds like DieM which I quite liked.

I do frequent other sites and have different monikers accordingly
    and one of them is Resolver.
    This moniker suits my intentions for this sight.

Oh! and by the way I don't mind a nice pair myself :bleh:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  20. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Do I really need to answer this question? :wink:

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  21. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

This is actually the logo of my production firm the skull is a representation of me as im blind in my right eye, the dot in the forehead represents the tumour thats in the middle of my skull that i have to live with. the skull because I've been dead 3 times already and been brought back to life (i.e. flatlining) "Twisted wreckage" was my nick name years ago because my ability to save shows out of complete disasters "out of twist wreckage you make things happen" Light/guitars /chaos its what i do. and my name.. many bazillion years ago my then girlfriends best friend always called me Jaymo. when i started touring seemed everyone had a nick name even they called me jaymo out of the blue. the "99" that was my number racing motocross( and the number the AMA gave me during my very short stint as a pro motocrosser) and all the years after I've just run that number

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List