Why do Teams like Team ASSiGN, Team AiR etc Retire?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrAnonymous, Apr 2, 2014.

1. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

As above why do teams like Team ASSiGN, Team AiR etc Retire when they spend years perfecting what they do and can do what other teams cant then they just disappear? Will R2R Start cracking the software that we dream of then disappear ,then CHAOS ?

I know they cant do it for ever but you must get what im saying..

Just to add: If you or your team was not listed do not be offended as i cant list them all *yes*

3. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i think i read some people in one of those teams died,besides time goes on,those young hackers probably have better things to do

4. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

After Gouda died of cancer, Team AiR started diminishing. Team Assign just turned into R2R, minus few old members. Digital Insanity said in their final release it is always the same; got married, kids - no time for cracking anymore. The teams that survive for longer time simply regroup from time to time. I think Quadra is still active, but I would love to know what is DeepZone doing today, not to mention AD...

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

People forget what a time consuming thing this is. Like I said to Mercurysoto on his last SOS post:
    Nevermind R2R who reverse engineered a TON of shit for us, it's actually crazy when you really stop and think just how much they have released. Things die, other things are born. This is the cycle of life. And by the way Quadra is still active.

6. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Yea i remember reading that,I suppose it is easy to forget about the time and effort that these people put in.I remember when i tried to get into Reverse engineering etc and i can tell you it is way harder then it looks so respect to the teams and people out there and to the teams that are no longer with us

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'm actually a programmer myself so I really feel for these guys and sometimes they do a thankless job. The moment something isn't perfect people start complaining as if this is a perfect science. It's hard to figure out someone else's code when you're working on it for cash and even then programmers usually document what each function does but many don't so you can imagine how that must feel every day when you're doing it for free for the sake of other people having the tools to make music and they bitch at you over a mistake. It's like on AudioZ I come into work whether I feel like shit or someone died or whatever and I'm there 7 days a week for no money planning the relaunch with SAiNT, doing bug reports, getting people's reups, talking to suppliers, passing off programs, upgrading link containers, technical support, etc. and then someone comes in with that "you didn't rub my feet while I was downloading this file" attitude and it just really sucks. In those moments it's only those good people that really appreciate what you do for them that keep your spirits up about humanity itself. One day I think it would be cool to have a repository of information about reverse engineering software here to encourage the next iteration to take some initiative. But that's a project that's for a much later time. I still have to add the finishing touches on AudioZ with the team and then we need to upgrade this place. I can't wait for that, it's gonna be wicked. :headbang:

8. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

ASSiGN left a farewell message in their final release. Part of the problem was people always saying "Mac please"

9. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

I hope Fairlight, FBR and ESI get back together

10. 1989tallguy

1989tallguy Newbie

Hey guys. While we are on the topic, how is it possible to contact R2R or one of the other teams if I have something to offer?

11. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Soon, there will be none. Teams/individuals will eventually get tired of doing this, protection will get better. Some of us have become spoiled and acclimated, but we'll have to go back to saving up and paying for software again. All things, especially good things, always come to an end.

12. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

When that day comes these company's will lose a lot of business.

13. paradise_hell

paradise_hell Newbie

I missed AiR!

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Contact me by PM.

15. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Too busy on Facebook maybe

16. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

:rofl: :(

Actually, protections are made by human and the crackers are human too, so that's why they wont be brought to their knees too soon, because there's no alien technology yet to be able to keep back the crackers. The retiring reasons will always be other than the cracking dificulty. I'm sure these crackers are not scared by the dificulty level, but there will always be other reasons like lack of appreciation, lack of money (they need to live though..) lack of time in conjunction with their personal lives/relationships, etc. Some people knows only how to judge the crackers and complain about problems even in the user misuse situations.

P.S. Ilok related stuff are actually hardware based protections.

17. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

OS version of this thread plox? :dunno:

18. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

You will see less and less in the future because teams don't like to supply greedy filehoster individuals also the scene is not the web don't get them confused they are completely different things.

As for the question "why do teams like Team ASSiGN, Team AiR etc Retire" who out of any of those 2 teams said they did? Some change their name some continue but change their distro options, neither are public servants.

19. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

everybody is getting older and there we have always the RL.
    look reversing, cracking, patching is a free-service and it takes sometimes ages, you earn almost nothing, (nothing in general, when you are a scene group! - its part of the codex - share things for other for free).

20. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

I hear you, shame a certain uploader doesn't ever add to these conversations on here, guess he's got money matters to attend too.​

21. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I didn't specify. Regardless if it's hardware or not, security will get better. Ilok2 has been formidable as of late and that's made by humans. Teams will get tired and progress with their lives. Others simply will not invest time to do it. Not that they can't. Eventually, it will stop.

Individuals who cracked software may even work for the companies whose software they used to crack.. and get big checks to take care of their families, endless coffee at work and won't have to hear the common ungratefulness from some people.