Why Do Some Releases Get Pulled From AudioZ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catalyst, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

How come new releases consistently get pulled from AudioZ? A while back there were some great libraries such as LASS 2.0 and something from 8Dio but a day later it was mysteriously absent. If the staff took them down then what was their reasoning?

3. Alraun

Alraun Member

"Some developers don't want their products to appear on AudioZ, and we always respect that.
    Doing otherwise can cause some serious consequences..."

Source: http://audioz.info/rules.html

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I thought that might be the reason but it seems so arbitrary because other releases by the same developer might still be available and why wouldn't all developers then do this? Advertising? If that's true then you have to wonder why they still take down links from file lockers.

5. masterj

masterj Ultrasonic

lol, thats pretty funny, i mean, audioz is a warez site, and they do this. it's like a person selling someones stuff they stole, but that person finds them and asks not to sell it. yeah thats fine lol, just sounds dumb.

6. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Yes, with the exception that nothing is being 'SOLD' -- audioz is essentially a bulletin board that shares (via public contribution) information/data (files) found online. This is clearly not the same as a 'thief' stealing goods, then fencing ('selling below half cost') them for profit -- the statement in question was created to allow developers, the option of contacting the administrator to have items removed in good faith

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Honestly, maybe if AudioZ went private and wasn't ranking as one of the first few search results for Google queries there wouldn't be as much of a problem from developers. I feel like people these days exhibit behavior that is tantamount to waving a giant sign that says: Hey we're trading in free software/movies/music over here. Utterly ludicrous if you ask me. The reason that the scene has prevailed to this day is because it was a highly efficient closed system with a clear set of rules and standards and not because people were advertising it left and right. Before it was like Fight Club and now it's like a circus. I think it's time for a return to roots if we plan to evolve beyond what they can control.

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

thats the reason!