Why do so many people remain anonymous?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ryck, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Perhaps the answer is obvious. But not quite for me.

Many people here and on the sister site remain anonymous.
    I understand in a certain way that it is because of the downloads. I also think they use vpn.
    And I was wondering, is it really because of the consequences that they can have when using or downloading programs?

Because for example, here, in Argentina, they will not come to arrest you or someone will hardly sue you for using an illegal program. I don't know of a case, in fact, even in "Mercado libre" (Ebay Latino) pirate programs like EZ Drummer are sold, and Mercado Libre knows this well. In fact, you know who sells it, you can go see their face, their address.
    Could it be that in other countries the consequences are more serious?

PS: I don't want to create any chaos or anything. It's just curiosity.
    If the moderators think this post may cause problems, I won't be upset or offended if you close it.

3. Sani

Sani Member

Because everyone hates their real selves and they don't want others to hate them too. The time to love is short, but hate lasts forever.:)

• Love it! x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  4. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Who wants to know..?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I guess it's a rhetorical question. Unless you can't read

6. Ryck

Ryck Guest

This question brings something underlying And it is that, many times I wonder, why there are so many musicians here, each one could not exchange what they do, I mean... I play the guitar, another plays the drums, the other the keyboard, etc, etc. So thinking that maybe all of us could access an exchange of musicians online, but of course, then I thought, how do you do this if many don't want to show up. The other day someone told me, I can't show you a song because you would know who I am, so, I don't know, it's a shame having so many musicians, but well, from there I doubt why...

7. recycle

recycle Guest

YOU...
    You got a gift my friend, yes you do
    You're very good
    You're something

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

It was a fairly obvious joke, that clearly went over your head.

No matter, but no need to insult others in the process.

9. Ryck

Ryck Guest

do not insult, where is an insult? I do not see it You asked an ironic question, and I answered you ironically, I followed your joke.

10. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Every now and then shots are fired between users (like what happened in that situation), it's just better to make sure any possible fight remains here and doesn't escalate to, say, social media or worse. But those are special cases.

For the rest, consider that some people make music but it's not yet copyrighted so there might be a bit of fear of people stealing shit (remember, anybody can see these posts, not just forum members), some maybe play an instrument but are at a very begginer level and don't feel ready to share anything, some maybe are just not interested in music at all. People here are a mixed bag, that's why you see some users only pop up when there's mention of sound design, or acoustics, or audio for movies, etc .

Maybe that's possible, who knows? If you ask for people interested in all that jazz i'm sure quite a few will show up.

11. Jelly

Jelly Ultrasonic

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

because they can? why the hell wouldn't you want to be anonymous on internet

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Sure, it's true.

On the one hand, the issue of fights can happen anywhere, in any forum, site, and social network, I don't know, it would be very childish for someone to take something personal and take it to a social network. If it has happened to me, not here, it's facebook. I have a group of the Simpsons in the mood, and one or another, they have been angry about nonsense, like not being able to approve a meme at 5 am, and they entered all my profiles to insult me, but the idiots are counted on the finger of the finger hand
    Also, from what I intuit, we are all great people here (I think) and we would not start doing such nonsense. (I think)

On the other hand, it is also true that there is a lot of diversity here, musicians, sound engineers, arrangers, etc. Let's say, everything related to music. But hey, just better, the possibilities are expanded more.

I have spoken by private message with some people, and the truth is, they are very talented, and it is also clear that they want to do things, but I also see how they will remain in the dark for "fear of..." (I don't know)
    Well, hopefully one day we can be more open artistically and base ourselves more on art than on our personal differences.
    I know that we are living in different times, at least when I was a teenager, there was talk of music and it was music, the other things had no place. And I think that would be interesting.

14. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Ah, i remember when i was a teenager. Actually no, alcohol took all of those memories away.

Non linearities or something, idk.

not long ago there was a colab here, i can't remember who did it (Spyfx and Lois Lane i think) and it was quite good. Maybe you can call for something like that to get things moving? I just don't think people would step up unless asked, for now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I must remain in the shadows for the protection of all.

16. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Some things you're better off not knowing.
    But not as much as I am better off by your not knowing.
    :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Ryck

Ryck Guest

We are musicians, incapable of harm

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. uhub

uhub Kapellmeister

Where everybody is fake, why someone needs to be real ? :bash:

Also if you wanna let others know your real identity you'll be abused today or tomorrow, here or elsewhere on the internet :trashing:

Using VPN is must for any netizen in the 21 century, especially for me cause my ISP uses DPI, therefore i have to use VPN & Adblocker, spoof browser fingerprint, change characteristics of devices etc. [ @SAiNT & @Olymoon, don't be confused pals when yall check my DB jkjkjk :banned:]

:hillbilly:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  19. demberto

demberto Rock Star

In reality I am a bot

20. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

No that's really me

21. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

I want to be a Biden and in real life I can not.