Why do producers use old windows skin?

Discussion in 'PC' started by barah sherlock, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Beatcoke

Beatcoke Noisemaker

To speed up..I use windows 10 and to get rid of all the complex configurations menu I use Classicshell, wich is a free app that converts windows in a "Classic 2 way,and it is easy to get rid of all the animations and hidden options in windows 10,that takes a lot of resources.I guess classicshell use some resources as well but at least I can navigate easily to all the configurations and cancel their use by windows.Works great for me in pro tools

2. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Classic look uses CPU for processing, the modern look uses GPU, so why would you want to waste your CPU, none of your plugins run GPU anyway.

That tweak is from XP era

3. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

True, though plugins do use GPU all the time for the GUI. Pretty much everything Waves, but they're not the only ones. Fancy GUIs would be painfully slow with software rendering

4. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

gui is distraction from work. best for os to be far back and not take any attention from daw

Windows XP more popular than Windows 10 with businesses
    betanews.com/2017/04/03/windows-xp-more-popular-windows-xp-business/

business & producer make money not watch aero theme tiles and talk to cortana

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

because...... AESTHETICS

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I actually just uninstalled my windowsblinds theme and installed a black basic windows theme i found on deviant art. Turned off all visual effects except smooth fonts, smooth scroll list boxes, and use visual styles. I dont have any icons on my desktop so I dont need the use shadows for desktop items (Win7) I do have 16g of ram and a good gfx card too. My windows is noticeably snappier and more responsive

If anyone is interested heres the link. Dont install the font with it though
    http://cryer.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Basic-Black-166606584

7. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Bank ATM run windows XP, then there are advanced controllers (from light consoles to car industry robots) with builtin XP then countless of models of custom machinery in factories running XP - many are impossible to upgrade due hardware limitations or they simply can't be turned off due to the money loss of stopping production lines.

8. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

The thing is, it is more popular because they bought the machines 20 years ago and the corporate management doesn't give a shit about using decent technology until it breaks and they're forced to upgrade. If they started their business today, they'd go with Windows 10 and use it until it breaks.

Also: don't know about you, but I find the clean and simple Windows 10 GUI way less of a slap in your face like the huge ugly start button in XP

9. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

or maybe the IT ppl who work for these business just know more than home ppl

windows 10 findings:

remove telemetry-spyware, still talk to ms

now do this in network at business and see data total