Why do people like Dave Pensadosell their analog devices?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by hamidkarimi, Apr 11, 2024.

1. hamidkarimi

hamidkarimi Noisemaker

Hello, , why do engineers like Dave Pensado sell their own analog devices?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Because they I guess feel that plugins are much better than they used to be, are making good mixes with them and can make more money selling his name to hawk software are my three answers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. hamidkarimi

hamidkarimi Noisemaker

Hello, no, why do engineers like Dave Pensado sell their own analog devices?

5. Hybridstudios

Hybridstudios Ultrasonic

why dont you call his manager or email him and ask him lol
    no one can tell you why someone else did something, only speculate smh

he probably sold something or got rid of it b/c he didnt feel the need to have anymore
    you'll never see him sell his bricasti (neither will i)

just like the kiive plugin nor acustica snow could ever make me sell my actual neve mpb nor my fusion.
    just like no 1073 plugin will ever make me sell my actual neve 1073s let alone even my heritage 1073 clones...
    no plugin limiter will make me sell my bettermaker limiter, the list can go on and on

tools are tools you get tired of certain things or just want to downsize somethings or try something different...at the same time many of us can make great records with stock plugins while others can be a room with an ssl, every plugin you can think of and have a trash sound.

when i want to emulate a sound from a hardware unit i only have a 1 of or a stereo pair of i'll sometimes use stl control hub but it doesn't match 100%...(wis it was that easy)
    if it cant give me the sound i want, i'll print through the hardware so i can free it up later in the mix. but specific things on my mixbus will never be taken off and they're hardware units

i just bought a flock audio patch 64 to incorporate 32ch of hardware i/o through it and digitally route them since my dangerous liason is limited to 6 and ive been using a physical patchbay for anything additional. now all my hardware or at least 90% of it will usable with ease and my mixbus can go through the liason

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

For the same reason comic inkers like Jimmy Reyes went digital. Quality is indistinguishable in ABX tests, no maintenance & it’s portable.