Why cant we delete our own posts?.. Thoughts?.. Cast your vote..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dbmuzik, Aug 6, 2016.

?

Should we be able to remove our own threads?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Doesn't matter to me

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Must everything we post here be stuck in time? Why does administration have to be contacted to remove your own thread? The last time I made contact about removing a thread it was "locked" instead of removed.. which is even worse because people who may have commented can no longer delete or edit anything they said. It's like anything we say on here might be carved in stone because we are subject to lose access to our own words. This topic was initially a question about software installation. It seems changing the topic of the thread myself is better than contacting someone else to lock the original title. I'd like the option to remove my own thread at will.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  3. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Removing your own thread means removing other's comments. So it's normal we can't remove our own threads. That also causes us to think twice while opening a thread. So I don't support you in this. I voted No.

Editing is another thing. I think we may edit what we wrote before. Changing mind means learning mind. You should be able to edit your message or reply to your own to write what new is. I can supoort you in that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

You can have your thread removed, just write to us.
    I treat it as a right of the OP to have their thread removed without unnecessary hassle, unless it's not lengthy or heated discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

It should be to the OP's discretion whether they want to delete a thread they created. You say it would mean removing others comments. If those comments are beneath our own post then so be it. Similar to facebook and other social forums every thread a member creates here is directly linked to their profile. If the same member restrictions were used, a typical facebook profile after a year would contain many deleted pictures, videos, and statements.. however when a member deletes something all responses to the now "blank posts" would remain viewable to all who visit their profile. And to top it off, the entire content of your posts (statements, songs, videos) may already be contained in a quote within the lingering comments. I have yet to share any of my music for you all to listen to and see what kinships I'll draw from this forum because of this and one other factor. The other factor is the disclaimer on this forum calls for your agreement that whatever musical work you post here can be used at the sites discretion. If such privileges can be requested of the hard work members must put into their musical works.. and it turn a member can't do something as simple as delete a topic they post? Simply put, there is not adequate privacy or privilege granted to a "member" yet in this forum. Again, it seems very fair and logical a member should be able to delete their own posts. I only used facebook as an example to show how deleting your own posts is a privacy based privilege that works favorably around the entire globe.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016