Why aren't "we" able to make any artistic music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Jun 25, 2018.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Foster911 its minimalist and pure magic, i think you can get behind this

you are the instrument foster911.
    (just gotstah tune your strings a bit i think......)

[​IMG]
    Foster911, just don't play any notes ever again, then you will be the ultimate artist!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. genophyte

genophyte Producer

this really makes me miss earlier internet when trolling was an artform that involved planning. or when flaming was the original term for whats now trolling.

oh and in case those that dont know
    shitposting=cancer

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

All of these threads are for having smart productions. Music is not only the mixing of the notes, sounds and personal feelings anymore. I wish it was that but a deep study on the culture, market, audiences (as the target), etc. is required.:sad:

Unfortunately random productions based on the random feelings doesn't work.:(

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T(F)r(O)ll(ST)er, as humans we actually "feel" first and then "think", not the other way around. Each of us are emotional beings. The mind evolves to accompany and systematize what the brain requires. Activities linked to musical reasoning will always be secondary to much of humanity: Only composers develop more appreciation for the structural components of musical sound (due to the presence of more complex neural networks to deal with sound, as abstract matter from which we project ideologies or composition schools). For random productions based on random feelings to be widely appreciated, people would need to be engaged massively in cognitive training/modeling for years, decades for the new psycho-physiological stimuli to be added over thousands of years of evolution...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

lol,
    you guys still hoping to find coherency in the words of the tone-def troll? :)
    there is no meaning to be found.

the troll is just a living random text-generator.
    a sad tone-def troll unable to make any music, and therefore obsessed with spamming the forum.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

and thank you for contributing to the happiness :wink:.. now please enjoy this little tune

who said good music isn't being made anymore?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Does this qualify as artistic, foster911?

PS: hope you enjoy. Your posts are invaluable!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I believe that us human beings never "feel" when something happens.
    we "feel" AFTER we have told ourselves the story or narrative of what just happened.( emotions always come from our thoughts)
    There is a lot of evidence for this in areas of research surrounding various mental illness, multiple personalities and borderline personality disorder in which the subject cannot differentiate between fantasy narrative and reality itself, subsequently the same situation happening to 2 different people ( lets say a neutral one) can be experienced from one extreme to the other ( in terms of terribly joyful or terribly traumatizing) depending on whether the person in question constructs a narrative ( as well as telling themselves what emotion to feel and how intense EX. "so and so is out to get me" or "this is destroying my life", compared to )
    OR whether the person in question thinks purely in observation with no emotional attachment involved.( ex. describing what is actually taking place in reality)

This Topic is highly interesting and important , since a human being is navigating their thought process and creating their emotions by thought each moment and every second of their life until they die..
    One could argue that this Topic may be the most important aspect for a human being to ever deal with.

other areas of evidence for such a hypothesis include multiple study of the brain over the years in hypothalamus and frontal lobe damage where the subject is unable to feel empathy for others or feels too much.
    highly interesting stuff.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3453527/
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1532046406000451
    https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/cgi/...tpsredir=1&article=1084&context=hilltopreview
    https://www.nature.com/articles/srep08478
    http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/Putting-Feelings-Into-Words-Produces-8047

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

You all got him wrong, foster911 isn't trolling!
    He is just speaking in pluralis maiestatis.
    Translated: "Why am I not able to make any artistic music".
    Plain self-criticism. Worth every honor. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Again, really?
    :yawn: