Why aren't Waves plugins getting outdated and still used?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by GokhanH33, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Well, I agree but all the monitor mixing and FOH mixing stuff are 90% dependent on your setup capabilities.If it allows you to use a computer as an audio processor intermediate then we come back on what i've said before.Waves is a collection of plugins that you can use in studio and out in the fields.Using the same plugins helps you a lot.If your setup can't immerse a computer in the middle, then monitor mixing and FOH mixing, as well as your desirable audio quality, belong in a different discussion.

2. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

can't compare those to rbass

3. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

Digging old stuff today and i've found an old pdf back from the 2003 called "Production-Mixing-Mastering with Waves".I don't know if anyone is interested on downloading this but i've seen inside many plugins that we still use today. I has the C,the Q and L Series. Also Renaissance True and Rverb etc.

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

To answer OP's Q with a Q. Why are people still religious? :winker: Although they should be conscious, logical, and realistic enough not to, at this day and age of knowledge and science. Religious is outdated in my mind now. Religion is anti-progressive.

That's why people still use Waves, ProTools, Urei 1176, SSL 4000, Lexicon MPX-1 etc. etc. Despite them being outdated. Gullibility + stuff that works. In case of religion for millennias. It is anti-progressive/conservative attitude and fear of progress. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers! :mates:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

Religions aren't anti-progressive my friend. Religions are a weapon in the right hands.Mass controlling and manipulation tools.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Just recently I went back to mostly hardware setup again, so I can eat my words with some chilli beans. :hahaha:

Why did I go back? Because I discovered that hardware is what drives me. Mojo and all that "logical and scientific stuff". :rofl: Sound not so much, but I do like it more gritty, and "truly warm", than software can provide. :winker:

7. m5g

m5g Kapellmeister

how rediculous talks about gui of plugin )) bwahahahaahah ))) boring EDM (de)generation

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

and a huge hit on CPU, thats the thing about waves i don't like!
    Lately waves innovation has been more stuffing an effects chain designed by a producer into a shiny gui with a knob. easy to use but with a cpu hit that you probably wouldn't have if you knew what wave fx engines were used and just use those in an effects strips with probably considerably less CPU hit all be it not as pretty, ill take function over form any day.

9. mickey

mickey Ultrasonic

If u cant mix with waves plugins...... U just a wack engineer. Go work on yourself and stop talking shit bout developers. For christ sake whats the job of an eq, comp, delays n reverb? Go learn ur tools wackos

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

this topic is a joke

11. Lean

Lean Producer

They make some pretty cool plugins.

Sure there are different/alternative but if it works for u then use it.

There are many people/producers using way old plugins with crappy gui's etc who get fantastic knowledge and apply it correctly. IMO they are no where near outdated but I do struggle with the pricing structure and some of their policies.

Each to their own & that :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

But, you just can't deny they do killer sales all the time. Also Black Friday freebies. There aren't many excuses not to try Waves these days.

13. Lean

Lean Producer

Yep I agree if you are selective & go with some of the great deals I think you can pick up some really cool plugs that are tried and tested.

The only bit I don't understand is like reduced from £499 to £49 dollars but thats common I guess.

I own quite a few of their plugs and agree I think you can pick up some really great bargains at the correct times :yes:

14. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

I actually am going 100% freebies so far. Quite a shame I didn't know about the Black Friday freebies back when they gave RVox away, but still... TrueVerb, Kramer... I think it was the guitar channel (on they live video cast thing), OneKnob Pumper, always a little collection of quality hidden gems to explore. Also, SoundToys charity pay what you want thing... that was an insane deal tbh.

15. GokhanH33

GokhanH33 Ultrasonic

And your avatar tells your name!

16. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

better than waves?

A.O.M - IK-NI-Kush-WaveArts-uhe-Softube-Slate Digital-Metric Halo-McDSP!-Klanghelm-Valhalla . enough? just to name a few...

17. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

there simply isn't a plugin on par with rbass, and in terms of usability ( cpu and stuf) nobody defeated cla 76 and H-delay...

Kinda sad in a way, but we as costumers are the ones to blame, we bought fancy cpu hogs instead of the real deal

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

Yep.Agree.But as i said before , we are not talking on which company has a special screwdriver for the p4 size and can bent too.We are talking about a company that has simple screwdrivers that can fit in 80-90 per cent of all screws.That is the main advantage.Not the multilateral one tool.

19. SonicBoomer

SonicBoomer Producer

No. I definitely wouldn't say Waves is "outdated."
    Waves offers a vast array of tools and have become very affordable with single plugin sales.
    They release new plugins. At least one a year to add to their mammoth catalogue.
    They've stayed, relatively, on top of their game.
    That said, there's some EXCELLENT players in the plugin market.
    Acustica Audio has definitely gotten a lot richer from me. LOL

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  20. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Digital signal processing (including Analog emulation) is a mathematical science, and it is not outdated, instead, the power of computer improves over years, which allows us to have better resolutions for the processing.