Why aren't EastWest products cracked anymore?

Discussion in 'Software' started by rocfus, Jun 30, 2024 at 3:57 PM.

1. rocfus

rocfus Newbie

The torrents I found are from 2022, and there are only a few of them. Why aren't there any more recent products? Are they not being cracked anymore, and if so, why?

3. canbi

canbi Ultrasonic

because kontakt is more portable and more developer-friendly

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@rocfus Do you want to know why? then read about DMCA on the sister site :drunks:

5. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

sorry to correct you my friend :mates: but the East West releases are still up on the sister site. So I think in this case it has nothing to do with DMCA.

I think his question is more towards why we don’t see new products like the fantasy series.

i‘m also wondering why Opus never surfaced as r2r clearly stated that you need the r2r play/opus releases in order to run the libraries :dunno:

6. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

opus is not, but play is available on the sister site... probably cause it was easier to do and more stable

7. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

I know. I‘m just curious why they put it like that
    If they never intended to release opus. For me this clearly indicates that they were about to release opus along with play. If not,they probably had stated to use it with r2r‘s version of play I guess.
    But I think we‘ll never find out unless r2r come up with new EW stuff :)

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Maybe they changed the protection? Also, how many new things are released by East West, Big Fish, Ueberschall ? They do not pound out new releases every day like they are DJOneTruth or New Beard. Maybe you haven't missed all that many "new releases" because there aren't any to release.

The other possible reason is because maybe not everything is just shared for free. While you read about DMCA on sister site, also read Scene FAQ. " This is where the real horse trading begins" is probably the nice way of explaining this. Old R2R nfo files used to say things like "take from, give back to". Maybe that is still true, and there would be nothing wrong with that at all, if it was.

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

As someone who owns some and knows the real WHY? Here you go because it is VERY SIMPLE.

R2R has not cracked OPUS and The Orchestrator at this point. That simple because Fantasy and all the newer releases including Hollywood Strings 2 require both. They do not and will not work in PLAY.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

No, it is never so simple. You just know what you haven't been given. Unless you have direct knowledge, you are making an educated guess.

11. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

No I am not and I'll tell you why. When Olymoon was alive, we chatted about it and I asked. He told me so it is not an educated guess because that is what he told me in a PM. It is that simple. he said R2R has OPUS and so far, in that conversation, it was not cracked, direct from them to him to me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. rocfus

rocfus Newbie

The reason why I'm curious is that usually, you can find literally torrents of any popular library, except EastWest. The most recent cracks are from 2022, which made me think that they stopped cracking it at some point. Is it because it's harder to crack, like Denuvo in video games, or is it because of a completely different reason?

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

See how that works? There is nothing "very simple" about your explanation, so much so that you needed to find out from someone else. :yes:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. peezy666

peezy666 Ultrasonic

Because east went to rehab and made west come along so no more crack for eastwest

15. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Actually I see nothing complicated about one question being answered very simply with a simple explanation. Complicated would be details of the encryption issues, what protection, servers etc they need to do whatever with so on and so forth. we obviously have a very different view of simplicity.

16. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

That Orchestrator is definitely something that is missing in my life. Kudos to anyone who cracks it.

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

So you relaying indirect information you got at a minimum of 3 months ago is simple? That is speculation.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024 at 6:48 AM
  18. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@ThugLife I agree to disagree, but you're right :goodpost:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024 at 9:14 AM
  19. DonaldTwain

DonaldTwain Kapellmeister

Thank you for clarifying, I was also wondering what had happened with Opus.

20. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

You are turning aid into putting down that which helps. Oly was direct to me and R2R were direct to him. So if you wish to say indirect from R2R be specific because it was direct from Oly.... sheesh...
    Crapping on someone attempting to help with information that has been shown to be reliable for years, even though Oly has passed away, still makes the person baiting and causing trouble look like a dick. So be one if you wish. R2R is not direct on here and if they were, it's unlikely they'd make themselves publicly known and use a completely unrelated alias. Oly was ALWAYS the most relaible and accurate sources of information for everyone here. This is one of many reasons why he is missed.
    What I relayed, was the last known simple reason as to why not. :facepalm:

Not a problem. I am only passing on information from a source that showed itself to be 100% correct for the last five years.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024 at 12:37 PM
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  21. clone

clone Audiosexual

• You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content
    Bye,Foster.