Why Are We Here (Demo 3 Mix 1) (Original Song)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by kearnsy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Howdy folks, one of a few tracks i'm currently working on, see what you think, i'm not sure myself

http://soundcloud.com/kearnsykearns/why-are-we-here-original-song

Merci

3. BlasterM

BlasterM Newbie

If I'd make track like that, I'd be pretty sure! :wink:
    Cannot say not much about sound balance, as listened the track with filthy cheap speakers. With these facts, let's get to facts.. Mix didn't sound too busy, thou some high pitch sounds kinda got collided, as if there was bit too much high range activity making bit listening fatigue as track was building towards the end. Maybe less buildup with not so much high pitch sounds. Or maybe high cut for all those sounds. It's always nice, when hihats can be clearly heard of the mix, that there wouldn't be too much high range activity.

- General mix.. clear, bit too much high range oriented as said. Check the track with as as many speakers as you have with different systems for how it sounds. Also with those dirt cheap speakers (less resolution there is, more attention to sound separation is required).
    - Nice, bit Brittish, kinda unassuming style synthpop track generally, with pretty studio ready vocals (fits like nail to the head to that style).

Very nice track overall, could be heard from the radio pretty much as it is. :thumbsup:

4. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

I agree to the 'high range' on the mix (maybe a result of the mastering)
    but all in all it's really great song.. you voice is so cool!!! between Sisters of Mercy and Alice in Chains you are a real master! :wink:

5. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Good stuff, Human League vibe going on and I like it :)

6. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Thanks chaps

I'd love to have a few sets of speakers to test things out on, i've got a good set of monitors, but usually when i hear things back on different speakers the tracks always sound different

I might go back tto testing on my pc speakers, cheapo £20.00 speakers, but they seem to do the job for consistency