Why are there so few Studio Acapella's against the Vinyl and CD Era?

Discussion in 'Music' started by BlackHaze1986, Aug 12, 2022.

1. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

What do you think about it. Is it because most Mainstream Artists use Autotune on their Voices and would sound shitty without or why is the Trend going like this?

In the 70'S to early 2000's it was normal to Release Acapellas and Instrumentals on Vinyl for DJ's or Remixes by other Producers.

In Todays Music if something extra is released its only Instrumental Stuff.

Most of the DIY Acapellas nowadays on Youtube and so on sound shitty, because they are filtered out from the Orginal Song.

Have A Good Day.

Peace Out :shalom:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think this is part of the reason. Even when autotone (melodyne, similar) is used only to correct/improve the vocals, ie no autotune effect, many vocalists use other tricks.
    For example using multitracking with the best takes and carefully aligning them to sound fuller but still like it was one voice. Crazy shit.

4. Nefarai

Nefarai Ultrasonic

There is software that will cut out the noise, ie the background track accurately using AI now, seek and ye shall find

5. HxCMF

HxCMF Noisemaker

I think it's due to producers like us who remixed & sampled the life out of any acapella available! Too expensive & time consuming for a label to hunt down every single remixer/bootlegger/creative-sampler to extort money out of them, so they just cut out the availability. My theory anyway

6. Nefarai

Nefarai Ultrasonic

Think of how many remixes actually make substantial money these days, it's not that many. Most producers that are making serious money know better than to use copyrighted stuff, and it's hardly worth a labels time to track down a bootleg on soundcloud that's not being sold.

There are other ways of extracting vocals from music now so it's not really viable to even try and stop it happening anymore

7. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

That was the DJ era where music loving DJ's created and pushed music to the people, they used acapellas so they released acapellas. Releasing singles to DJ pools was also how you pushed your music out and if you had an acapella some DJ's would remix your song, getting you more play.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

if you get a full frequency wave file of the track, and use RX Rebalance or something like RipX; you will get a decent enough sounding file for it to work as an acapella when used over other audio (for a remix). But those old studio ones, you could actually listen to them standalone and they would be nice. I wouldn't want to listen to a rip.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  9. Nefarai

Nefarai Ultrasonic

nah bro

https://www.lalal.ai/

trade secrets ;)

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

there are quite a few of those websites, offering stem separations. Have you used RipX? One user here mentioned it was much better than RX. (which is what I use on Mac). You think they do better separations on these sites? I wouldn't even doubt it, but are they actually good enough to listen to, like old released ones? I do this really infrequently, a program like RipX would be expensive for how much use it would get.

I almost like the iffy/shady copy results from less than perfect separation. I'm usually just grabbing a small portion of vocal, and then not using it in the foreground like a normal "remix" approach would need to.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  11. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

That is my Point :winker: this clearness is what i'm missing no AI or Frequenzy Tool comes close.

Here are two good Examples for CD Quality Studio Acapellas:

Case Ft. Foxy Brown - Touch Me Tease Me (Remix)

Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  12. Nefarai

Nefarai Ultrasonic

They vary but yeah, pretty damn good. Try it out man