Who likes to mix my Latin House Track ?

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by jack1958, May 5, 2022.

1. strexed

strexed Guest

I found the song interesting, so here is my mixed version

2. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

The first two mix versions are definetly far from the first dirty house idea but "Stuck in the 80s" made this thing sound clean and warm, no doubt about that. Not the same musical style tho

JackĀ“s first version almost have that "clipped converter" sound. If all the stems were lost, mastering guys would clean that first version up for sure. my tip, look up this video ->(luca Pretolesi)

It is a tipical thing, Jack felt that his mix had the energy so he uploaded it asking for more clues, BUT, if you ask me, the mix setup you have right now from that first file is the key for moving on.

Muddy low end helps with dealing with several percussion tracks, so if you start balancing one or another the energy is gone. This thing needs a few super tiny moves..but also..hell..what do i know..

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  3. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

You had the same problem as I had. When you start to remove the harshness of the cymbals, hi-hats and crashes, you realise the bass stem you are left with is too boomy, and there isn't enough high-end left to allow you to carve out the offending mid frequencies.

4. jack1958

jack1958 Ultrasonic

Big Thx for all your replies and suggestions. Great Community !