Who leads the modern world? Is it possible to undo it and make another history?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by foster911, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Well, although I have an opinion with this foster thing :scrapbox:, I'm in his threads mainly for the fun :disco:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I really don't find AS the right place for political or ideological/philosophical content. It always gets to a point where we all end up in arguing and insulting. Most of the time without proper knowledge about the matter (ok, insulting most of us are indeed knwoledgable enough :) ).

It's worthless and only poisons atmosphere.

So I think it would be a good idea to ban political threads at all from AS or, better, create a kind of sandbox where people interested in getting barked and insulted can go without affecting the rest. Or just forward to a forum like https://www.debatepolitics.com/

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Come to think of it, I completely forgot political threads are actually forbidden here in AS.
    And like you say for very good reasons. They're like the mother of most hatred and flames in all kind of social media.
    Though this isn't strictly one but very close. And the polemic is more about foster than about politics.

4. G String

G String Rock Star

No. Rather, there's no point in saying you don't have toothache.

5. Whoever witnessed them most. Maybe you?

6. People will find this somewhat amusing but true. But you'd be surprised just how much of that audience would back exactly the people he's referring to right after leaving that venue. The joke, not that it was, went thoroughly over their heads - maybe that was the joke come to think of it. Hypocrites of the highest order. #ShoutOutToTonyG

7. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

(((Who))) are you exactly talking about? :P

8. I don't know, who are you talking about?

Somebody thought your comment was nasty Tony, tone. Ah, welcome guy. We done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2018
  9. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Pause on the "whos leading the wurld", who's leading this thread? I thought my eyes were playing tricks on my when I saw some crusty profile with letters and characters resembling the great F to the.. but it appears the elusive panther has fooled us all again ..

regardless just wanted to mention you have all made this thread worth it, I slept on this one for a while for some reason

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

And I would be one of them. That's the part I don't agree with. Even if you know it, you hardly can do anything even if you begin to throw molotov coctels at the street.
    Of course G.Carlin purpose was to shake people disguised as a comedian. He did more than almost every celebrity.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Producer

Lessee...What time is it...YEP that's where I am!
    For this thread (considering its origin) perhaps this is apropos:

"Just cause you got the Monkey off your back doesn't mean the Circus has left town"

...George Carlin

• List
  12. More than appropriate. A Circus however is held in public, nobody would expect it to leave town. Wasn't ever too big on the circus though, if they don't bother me I won't bother them.

13. Not true. There are some good people in Hollywood.

14. You can always do something about it. But don't expect much. And you may lose a few people along the way.

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I agree, I was just talking about speaking so clearly about the fails of the system.

16. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

It doesn't really matter what the subject is. Someone here will always take offence about a misunderstood comment or some other excuse to start insulting someone.The ' Audioz now opening scam sites???' thread is a case in point. By comment 10 it was already getting personal. Not a particularly contentious subject .

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

It's just the nature of an internet forum. No matter the subject, haters will be haters. People with negative opinions on all kind of stuffs always think those opinions are welcome, and since they get to be a...hole in an anonymous fashion, well...why not?

Another good example of that is troll going on "our music" threads by people who ask for feedbacks, just to give their bright and shiny opinions on the entire genre, without ever commenting on the beat that requires feedback. Like op asks "how is my mix ?", answer "hip hop cannot be considered music cause i don't like it". Wtf. Do people have to be obnoxious ?

It's just the nature of those things.

Now tbh that kind of nasty behavior gets pumped up and inflated on political subjects, which seeing what kind of attitude they create should be called "punching ball subject" rather than political....That always happens on any forum. Makes sense that people on a music forum would try to avoid those type of counterproductive interactions, no one enjoys talking to walls.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  18. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

19. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Why is this crap still not locked?

20. "LOCK IT UP" and make Audiosex...something again? Maybe a poll would....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List