Who Knows Violin & Strings kontakt Library fit for Arabic scale (Without Phrases)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mr_Amine, May 25, 2014.

1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Who Knows About Any Violin & Strings kontakt Library fit for Arabic scale (Without Phrases / Without Loops )

If Anyone Knows Some Sort of Setting That I Can use with some of the libraries for Violin & Strings *yes*

Thanks In Advance :bow: Audiosex.pro :mates:

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Does the Sultan strings library have playable patches ? Check out.

4. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Thanks nikon :mates:

I will give it a try *yes* :wink:

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Mr_Amine,

About :

I think that more than a particular 'Kontakt' Library (or another 'Sampler Engine' Library), you should rather look at some Kontakt 'Scripts' (or 'MIDI' Files) that are set to be able to play 'Quarter Tones', as is usually the case in 'Arabic' Music.

You can also find on Internet a lot of '.TUN' files for that purpose. Another great place for finding 'unusual' and 'exotic' Temperaments (vs our 'Western' Equal Temperament) and Scales is 'SCALA'. I don't remember right now the exact address of the Homepage, but simply use 'Google' with the name : 'SCALA', and you'll certainly find several references about it... *yes* :wink:

________________________________________________​
    ADDED AFTERWARDS :

Here you have it :

'Scala Homepage'

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. PatrickKn

PatrickKn Member

Awesome post man. I've never even though stuff like this was a thing. Great information, thank you.

7. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

I Compose and arrange oriental Music too. I use LASS to create the sound. For Arabic String section LASS offers the needed Poramento, glissando, Scaling and Octaving.

The sound can be easily created but More Important is How to play and how to mix Sounds.

8. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

To my ears, for ethnic strings, nothing comes close to hybrid strings. Heres a nice live performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBAq9fiRnw

9. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

I checked the demo. As I mentioed above How to play is more important. The player has configured Arabic scale and plays using pitchband very well.
    The sound itself is very synthetic and far away from natural Fiddle or arabic Violin sound. Friedlander Violin is much better as solo.

10. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

suddenly I found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAv99fFndss

directly from Arabia :) so checkout if it has some for you

11. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

I think if you have any Kontakt instrument with a free script slot you could add a factory tuning script from NI that would allow this. The Kontakt experts here would know better, but there is one that allows quarter note scale, one for microtuning and another for notes per octave.

12. lucymilan01

lucymilan01 Member

Using a Kontakt instrument with a free script slot and adding a factory tuning script from Native Instruments could help achieve quarter note scales, microtuning, or adjustments for notes per octave.

13. lucymilan01

lucymilan01 Member

Utilize MIDI controllers for dynamics and customize virtual instruments. Reference real performances for guidance. These steps will help create a more authentic sound in your music production.