Who is using the Looper?

Discussion in 'Live' started by dragonhill, Apr 1, 2017.

1. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I've got two Loopers set up where I can switch between the them by assigning pedals on my Behringer FCB1010. Can't quite figure out how to get a third part.......

What are some set ups others here are using?

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You can configure the FCB footswitches to output MIDI notes instead of CCs and use those alongside the two pedals. Momentary switches work better with the Looper device anyways. You can have a different range of notes in each bank you scroll, multiplying the number of usable switches.

You could also do this without any Looper device and just Record Arm multiple tracks pulling audio from the same input track then MIDI map the Track Launch button for each track and Scene Up/Down on the master track. Now you can record into empty clip slots and playback clips that have already been recorded with the same footswitch. If you MIDI map the Clip Stop button on each track you could setup a bank just for stopping clips. I usually just leave a blank dummy clip with clip volume turned to 0% as the first clip in scene one which acts like a stop button when launched.

Set the Global Quantization to 1 bar and you get perfectly timed loops without needing to be too exact. Setting to any fraction amount allows for some really interesting rhythms.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. bitbrain2101

bitbrain2101 Noisemaker

Which software has been used for the setup you described ?

5. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Thanks for the link. Luckily I have the UNO chip upgrade so all my programming is done via software. I tried momentary but i prefer latching, There is no difference in performance except for the LED remains lit for the corresponding loop.
    Each FCB switch starts a loop but also stops the previous loop. I was wondering how I would add a third Looper without having to erase anything.

Thanks for this description. I saw the Youtube vid describing this. I don't use quantization or a set number of measures on most of the loops. So I do need to be exact.

6. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Ableton Live.

Not sure if I'm describing the LOOPER question properly:
    By using my current configuration, stop Loop 1 while starting Loop 2, to get a third Looper going,
    I would always have to go in sequential order.
    Loop 1 -> Loop 2 -> Loop 3 -> back to Loop 1............

Is there a way to configure it differently with MACROS or CLYPHX to freely choose any of the loops?
    I admit my knowledge on MACROs, possibly the coolest feature of Live, is very limited.