Who Is Openssh?.. Friend or Foe?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dim_triad, May 25, 2015.

1. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

Title says it all...

Do not take this offensively openssh... unless you are Law Enforcement or some kind of mole.

I have not heard of this person, then all of a sudden he/she/they are releasin' iLok protected stuff never before seen in the warez world to date.

No worries if you're "cool" and "legit" openssh :mates:

3. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

I was thinking exactly the same thing Dim lol

4. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Theyve done work before. Besides these recent releases. Nothing to worry about.

Why would them being LE matter? They really want YOU of all people for using a publicly available crack on some stupid plugin? Not really. And mole? Well thats just somewhere beyond paranoid. A mole would be someone inside AZ or AS thats reporting to the companies about things being posted. Again, theyd have no reason to figure out a Lib modification.

My vote for you = Paranoid.

5. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Illuminati confirmed

6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

iLok protected stuff that gets released just had a bad implantation...

Nothing special about that, :bleh: ok it is special. These people are gifted but I think they didn't break the 'Code' and if they did we would know (soon enough)

cheers

7. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Avid Pro Tools HD 10.3.10 was cracked by openssh and posted by a well known member and someone who i trust and sure many of you do to so i think you have nothing to worry about :wink:

Although i don't like the thought of having to restore the Mac if it freezes, I barely know how to use the thing lol

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's because those plug-ins use an older PACE wrapper. That's how HEXWARS was able to break Lexi.

HEXWARS and openssh are nevertheless fucking brilliant. You have no idea how long openssh worked on that Pro Tools release.

9. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

I was thinking it was some hacker trying to mess up mac users computers because my computer got messed up I had to do a disk fix reboot to my computer twice so it doesn't work on mine 10. 6.8 some people have had success and then other people have got three computers messed up to and when I tried to asked for a complete detailed instructions I got an attitude so why can't i ask for a detailed instruction do you but tha't t Lib file before you install or do you put on in after I just want to know and I got a attitude so I don't know

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

They did include a warning and told you guys to back up that location...

11. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

I did back up everything I was supposed to and when it didn't work I went to put the original back in his place and would not let me put it back so that's how my computer got screwed up but that's okay everybody takes their own risk and their own stuff hopefully everything might be a little easier a little more secure future but if not no biggie

12. notrace

notrace Producer

dim_triad, and exactly who the hell are you that openssh has to answer to you? Get a clue fella! Law enforcement. LOL

13. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

My mac want even start anymore it stuck on that grey screen with the apple logo and the bad news is i dont have a physical OS disc it came like win computers when you start it the OS installed automatically as soon as i hit the powerbutton..
    Trying to solve the problem but i am afraid i gonna have to install OS again

14. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Correct..But why is it so difficult to include some kind of nfo? I never will understand why crackers arent able to pack their releases properly. Often the extracted archives have thousand of unnecessary subfolder...sometimes not even a single word on how to patch.

It isnt so hard to include a text like this:

To replace the libstd file:
    1) Start your Finder ( desktop) ...
    2) Click on "GO" (in your toolbar at the top of the screen) ...
    3) Scroll to "GO TO FOLDER ( Go To Folder ) ..." ...
    4) Type / Write: / usr / lib ( and click on "GO" )
    5) Now ... place (or replace) the right "cracked" component for your operating system out there ...

For your information:
    There are 6 files in the " libstd " folder. You must select and open one that matches your operating system .

WARNING!!!: Before doing anything, make sure you do a backup of your lib

- Replace original lib at /usr/lib/ with provided lib for your OS

15. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Thanks luke h! Just one question? Do you place the part in before or after the instal?

Thanks mate!

16. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I havent install yet..And I also have to admit, I dont even have a MAC..I'm a Windows user! :wink:
    So maybe you have to ask someone else. Sorry!

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Well you know luke it's so hard to find good help these days. Because he's not in the damn scene! He's just a brilliant guy that's helping us out by being nice enough to share. I guess he was tired from the countless hours that he spent cracking it. You get the detailed instructions when you buy the product. People have this: this is the way we should be served attitude and it's beyond gotten on my damn nerves especially in the last few days. I don't even know why I bother responding to this nonsense. People's standards are always high...for everyone else.

18. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

Jeeez... If you are NOT well aquainted with where and how to deal with these kind of cracks, STAY AWAY FROM THEM! Don´t complain about or to openssh re his fantastic work bringing this to all of us because you didn´t make a proper backup prior to fiddling with your system files. You can only blame yourself for your mindlessness, not openssh! Anyway, here it worked flawlessly from the start, following the instructions. They are in fact very straightforward, simple and not easily misread!
    And to lyric8, put it back while in target mode! Easypeasy!

and Catalyst said it all above: People's standards are always high...for everyone else.

K-))