Who enrolled Cinematic Composing courses?

Discussion in 'Education' started by tuantranaudio, Feb 4, 2023.

1. tuantranaudio

tuantranaudio Newbie

Want to know anybody here officially bought/enrolled their course(s)

3. Glori

Glori Noisemaker

Best Answer
    Creating real orchestral music (cinematic or non-cinematic) is not taught on the Internet. These music models belong to secret societies. Whatever videos you have seen so far, they've only covered the basics. With those preliminary principles, you won't become a professional.

It's better to find those secret societies and be physically present in them, because they never publish a video of themselves.:wink:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Glori

Glori Noisemaker

If you're more interested in serious music, I suggest this book:

image_2023-02-06_080634599.png

The companion website:
    https://global.oup.com/us/companion.websites/9780190606404/

No matter what you do, no matter what path or educational method you choose, you will end up with the problem of NOTES, an issue that is of the least importance for them, unfortunately.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Hi, and could you explain it more? Is it (NOTES) about the sheet music or something else? And why don't they appreciate it?

6. Glori

Glori Noisemaker

Hi!
    Yes!
    Notes are everything!
    Because they don't believe in notes!

Let me explain:

Most digital tools (including DAWs) are built for mixing sounds. These tools do not have the necessary intelligence to understand the notes. Those who made these tools, their goal was to mix sounds, not to use notes very intelligently.

The reason for this phenomenon is simple. The makers of digital instruments have a very poor understanding of music and focus more on increasing audio capabilities and optimal mixing and don't put much effort into improving musicality (based on notes).

Up-to-date versions of digital tools have been provided, but in all these versions, the very wise management of notes has been neglected. Tool builders have forgotten the fact that 90% of music is notes and 10% other things. According to them, all music is the combination of sounds, which is very wrong.

It is the notes that make up the music, but the makers of digital instruments do not want to accept this very obvious fact. Due to this lack of belief and lack of familiarity with the crucial concepts of music, these tools have remained very weak in terms of dealing with notes.

According to my prediction, unfortunately, this very weak trend in the DAW-based music will continue for a long time and there will not be any dramatic changes in making deep music.

7. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

There are a few around up for "unofficial" grabs, you could watch a few and see if it fits your needs, though i'm not sure what you want to know. Quality? Practical usefulness? Perks of official enrolment vs just downloading the vids from somewhere?

Also, let's play a game. First one to bite the bait loses.

8. Terry25

Terry25 Newbie

It`s interesting!

9. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Check out the Courses by Cinematic Composing :winker:

10. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

What do you think how the Cinematic Composers do it? They use DAW's like Cubase or Pro Tools. Maybe Sometimes the Top Movies record real Orchestras, but thats way to expensive for indie movies and so on. It's up to the Composer to make the Notes work together and in the Piano Roll in any DAW you can create whatever you want. There are Beethoven Songs made with FL Studio which is not really good for that kind of Production, because its Loop based and not Time based.

11. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

I regret to inform you that Glori is no longer with us. It's been reincarnated once again.

12. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Platinum Record

This is an very interesting topic :bleh: sounds like a movie title "Fantastic composers and where to find them" :rofl:
    But seriously, I know where to find them but I can't tell :guru:

13. Chaindog

Chaindog Producer

[​IMG]

14. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

You have to start somewhere: More than enough for me at this stage.

15. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Platinum Record

This message will self-destruct in 3....2....1 :rofl: :hahaha: :rofl: