Who can steal my songs?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Jan 7, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yeah! I know what you're thinking, but it's the reality. It's not even a complicated one. :hillbilly:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Listening to that I don't think you need worry :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

Lepricons.

5. stevejobs.haha

stevejobs.haha Member

Please tell me it was just a joke

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Our brains can steal our songs from us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Pink Woof

Pink Woof Member

it's actually a clickbait

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. I can and have and will continue to do so. There is nothing that you can do to stop me. I have the best lawyers in the business and I have never lost a case. Go ahead and try to stop me, I dare you. You're just an insignificant lightweight and cast a tiny nothing little shadow. Now get out of my face, I've got music to plunder, NOW!!!

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

:rofl:
    This tread is the continuation of the "sharing" story done in this thread.

The title was a joke (by the word "my", I meant "all of us"). I've always been so eager why eg. @Von_Steyr never shares one of his glorified studio works in spite of being a good commentator about the lost past. He has Steinberg behind himself. Perhaps he's terrified that people don't listen to his remarks or don't buy anything from Steinberg after listening to his musics. Just kidding.:hillbilly:

Re-producing someone else's works is almost impossible or even much harder than R2R's tasks in reverse-engineering. I just wanted to go that no one can swipe your styles, so please share your musics and don't be such a worrywart. :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Beth

Beth Guest

I am convinced that a family of tiny little Borrowers who live secretly in the walls and under the floorboards in my house steal mine.....for their own personal use of course to test before buying !

I know its true because one day I saw one of the little buggers scurrying off with a whole folder full of wavs and midi files stuffed in his bag! Worse still I needed them for a project I had to finish that day but decided against tearing up the floor and the walls down to retrieve them ! I just started the project from scratch and it turned out better anyway. Hence the lesson I learned was 'less is more' .....its true...honest..I wouldn't exaggerate or tell tall tales to you..I swear! :yes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I have a horrible natural voice, so I never sing without using my vocoder, except when I know the borrowers in my house are listening, and then I go for it au natural full gusto 'cause I hate them little thieving ginger haired bastards :lmao:
    I used to only sing in front of the cat for the same reason, as pay back for shitting in my laundry basket, but he's dead now, so let's not speak ill of the dead. Bless his little dag stinking feline soul.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. So, there is where my Grandmother's old doily got to that she used to use under the walnut bowl in the front parlor...those little buggers stole it right from under my nose and hung it up on their wall as an ornament!

13. Beth

Beth Guest

they probably utilised the empty walnut shells too for something around their house...they are very creative but still little buggers !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. flstudioer

flstudioer Kapellmeister

As soon as i listened to the music, i got a hard voice saying "Breaking news: Who streal your songs, today, at 8pm on Fuck News" :rofl:

Nah seriously, it sounds like a Jingle and it's pretty good (if you work it a little more).

And to answer to your question, there's a lot of possibilities, a long time ago, some of my beats have been stolen from Youtube and have been put on sale on some websites. And some of songs like yours here, can (it's a big assumption lol) be stollen by medias, i worked 5 years on a TV so i know what i'm talkin about, a lot of medias prefer downloading illegaly jingles than to buy them, especially in Third World Countries. Of course there's a tons of musics available online, it will not necessarily happens to you, the chances are low, but they still exist

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Infidel

Infidel Producer

If you are a member of an org like ASCAP then they can take recourse on your behalf for the theft and you can make a lot of money off of the lawsuit. If you're not, then you're pretty much screwed because it is hard to prove. I'm not advocating joining a musician/songwriter union, but they have their pluses. Also copyrighting your material before it is uploaded anywhere also helps. Both cost money though.
    If you don't copyright you really have no recourse if your song ideas are stolen.

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you. I love everyone who loves my jingles (finally I found the name of genre I'm working).:bleh:

IMO this one is nonsense: http://edmprod.com/remake-music/

By stealing I mean trying to remake. For example who can recreate an exact copy of my mediocre jingle even if he/she would be the ultimate god of music. Stealing can happen in everything but just the superficial layers not the whole entity. Suppose GM wants to recreate a precise model of BENZ's. It's impossible. Of course the opposite situation is possible :hillbilly:. It can only steal the outward forms not the entire idea.

We're living in an era with great similarities in everything but it's just the similarity not the literal and accurate match and equivalency because it can only happen in the math not the real life. We must not let our brain be ruled by the math. It just simplifies the events. Wait, let's see who's talking. Foster, the formula guy.:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017