Who around here actually has some pull in the music industry?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Desantïs, Feb 28, 2016.

1. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Not to contradict you in any way but I really disagree with this.

To me that is the biggest problem in today's music (well, maybe not only in music): lack of self criticism and regular reality checks.

The predominant thought seems to be "I can copy/sound like XYZ, therefore I am great too"... and that's how art became a sausage factory.

Just my opinion.

2. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Sorry, I was trying to be subtle.

3. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

All things aside, and no matter how talanted he is as a producer, I think we all owe a big thanks to Mr. Faoki for being the author of some of the most entertaining threads on this forum.

4. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

:rofl:

Maybe our "softness" is to blame. People often comment on how blunt I am in these matters but it's on purpose.

I wouldn't be a good friend to my friends if I said "That's awesome!" everytime they send me their stuff for my opinion. I don't judge their stuff based on age/experience/whatever, I just listen to what is there and put it against my standards.

Telling people they are great already because they managed to put togheter 3 chords and sound like everyone else isn't a good thing in my book, it's a starting point at best. That leads to conformism and staleness.

If you judge the quality of someone's ouptut based on their age or years of experience, years later they'll be doing the same stuff and you'll have to tell them that they suck.

5. C.R.U.S.H.

C.R.U.S.H. Newbie

I would love to hear what any real producer is doing, If I can help you I will!

WWW.CRUSHENT.NET

6. C.R.U.S.H.

C.R.U.S.H. Newbie

7. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

( I'm sorry but i can't help myself ) You can send your track to this guy. He definitely is no time waster :

8. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Well, I can sense your frustration Steve. But it is definitely the nature of this Music Business. If it is your dream, just take the lumps with the breaks and suck it up. It's not changing soon. But if you never give up you will certainly get your "15 Mins". Then just make sure your ready. Because you never know when your chance will be upon you. Til then be patient and work hard.

Best of luck.

P.S. Ya might not want to make this kind of post here...you will only get chewed up!