White Sea Studio @ iZotope Ozone 10 ... 13.09.2022

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RADAR, Sep 13, 2022.

1. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

3. damian9

damian9 Kapellmeister

I watched this guy fumble around with Heavyocity Punish and it was clear he has no clue what he's doing. Maybe something has changed since then but I wouldn't take his word for anything.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I watched it and it was relatively uninformative. Just shows some of the new features. It's nothing like an organized "Update version video" like you see from Ask or Groove3, etc. I don't think he even concludes someone should purchase it. It's very short and there is nothing to trust him about.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  5. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

Thank you for your opinion.
    If I post something, it doesn't mean that I'm for or against it... it should be discussed constructively, so that the community can benefit from it.
    peace out :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Possibly the most difficult thing for anyone demonstrating the pro's and cons of any plugin is finding a music neutral tune.

There is no one-size-fits-all and any product is only as good as the person using it.
    OBJECTIVELY - using a variety of genres I personally feel is a better representation of how good or bad any plugin is. Using pre-compressed synthesiser sounds or pre-levelled tracks is almost a moot point in my opinion. Having several tracks, where at LEAST one is all acoustic instruments raw with rampant dynamics and transients shows how good or bad any compression, limiting, EQ'ing etc etc works and how good or bad the engineer is.

'Stupid' is a word nobody should use lightly. Less functional than anticipated perhaps. Even 'under-performing' may have been more appropriate.

7. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

he's dutch now you know why
    it ain't much if it ain't dutch
    i think he is just a mastering engineer not a producer

8. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

maybe I'm just really grumpy today, but his video is boring and so is new Ozone 10, I give it thumbs up,
    I understand iZotope is now focusing on customers who are clueless about mixing/mastering, now when they're part of Soundwide, so they're falling behind companies on audio plugin market outside which actually make new innovative plugins,
    AI is a fancy term, but it keeps offering same bad advices since it was introduced with Ozone 8,
    new modules lack any meaningful controls to tweak things properly, old modules lack any improvements,
    native Apple Silicon is nice, but I expected no less when literally all other companies on the market already did, often year or two ago already,
    removal of standalone and VST2 is not nice, especially the standalone app was literally the only reason I occasionally spun up Ozone for a run, by now I've replaced all the Ozone plugins with better ones from various companies, paying for new version of Ozone every year simply isn't worth it and this release 10 is no exception
    :chilling:

9. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

His initial Snake Oil series became paid advertisements after a few episodes.
    Wouldn't blame him because he gets good money but it's also hard to take him seriously now.

10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I use Ozone in a similar way as he shows.
    I listen carefully to what Ozone is doing and carefully watch all the meters and keep adjusting and pushing all the buttons and sliding all the sliders until everything is turned off and disabled.
    It works great!