While under quarantine (last night), I recorded mixed and mastered a song in my 2003 Ford Taurus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by StevieWondersProtege, Apr 12, 2020.

1. StevieWondersProtege

StevieWondersProtege Noisemaker

I made a post a few weeks ago thanking this forum from releasing my first song ever. Since then I got flown to New York to meet with a label I grew up admiring. Everything went well. I would say when this whole madness clears up I'll be blessed enough to be on a major label. With everything going on they're shut down and we haven't moved forward on paperwork. I've been texting the A&R who discovered me and he's been encouraging me to not release anything but that was almost a month ago. Last night I felt super inspired and recorded something on Reason and mixed and mastered it. This is a beat I also produced on Reason. The Starbucks is closed but they wifi from the bench outside still connects so I wanted to share with anyone who is also going through a tough time. I know this is super cliche but I plan on being in the same conversations as Kanye West, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, etc. once this whole things gets better. I've let me self doubt come before my potential for years. If you're still reading this and have the time to listen, here's the song I just recorded in the back seat of my car.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

That's a great track. As I was walking my dog along the river this early afternoon I started dancing because your groove is so infectious. Honestly, there's not much of this kind of music that I listen to (Cav Emp, Tupac and a handful of others) but will have it on heavy rotation for the foreseeable future. Excellent work. We are blessed that we have the physical tools to be able to create in such an environment as the back seat of a Ford Taurus. I hope you success in your endeavors and that you are able to procure a more permanent living situation very soon. I'll PM you back later, Brother. This is a fantastic song.

4. StevieWondersProtege

StevieWondersProtege Noisemaker

Woooooooooow. Are you serious? Thank you. Thank you thank you. I stayed up from 9PM to 7AM recording and mixing this record in the back seat in the parking lot of a starbucks. I would never have imagine someone would listen to it as they enjoy a walk.. Im so motivated right now!!!!

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Fucking A man. No wonder you've become a pro. Congrats!