Which Win 10 version to install from TeamOS?

Discussion in 'PC' started by chumbo, Sep 5, 2021.

1. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Ghostspectre :wink:

2. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

no, they just simply delete features from a complete windows iso

3. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

okay, thank you

4. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

if you want a debloated windows version, there's an official microsoft release: enterprise ltsc 2021

5. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

No.
    And I don't know why someone here thinks it's okay to post a warez link as they have done. :dunno:

6. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

Telemetry, and its cpu usage, is.
    And you won't have lots of spying going on either!
    I don't think people want a stripped down version for your reason of running more plugins.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I guess you can use a regular license to activate these modded versions. But I'm not positive. They can be vaccinated with the same tools than regular versions, that I know.

Anyways, they do have improvements over even LTSC versions, but they are basically for getting rid of bloat/spyware like @F.L.O.W. said. Smaller disk size also. Lots of tweaks that experienced users do with regular versions. But I'd only recommend modded Windows for experienced users.

LTSC versions are good and official. For most people I'd recommend that. That being said, I seem to remember LTSC are not made for domestic users but for batches of companies computers.

Many people here will know more about this than me. I haven't bought a Windows license in my life.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Check your PM (Conversations)

9. chuckens

chuckens Ultrasonic

Yahoo Revision OS! Works A1

10. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

Can someone explain all the different versions i'm kinda confused on which one to use.

11. LoveToGig

LoveToGig Producer

Even if you install the long term version, there are many things that can be removed/optimized for audio ;)

The best answer is from the previous page, IMHO:

"just install the normal versionn of windows and get rid of all the things you don t need".

There's a great debloating guide on the Internet - The Ultimate Guide to Optimize your Windows PC for the Stage.

12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

13. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Chris Titus offers his professional opinion about why not to use a custom ISO that you have not created yourself.
    While I do no agree with Topic 2 in the video (I am down to 48 processes for a system that is totally offline), I do agree with the other 6 points he refers to.

14. fleschdnb

fleschdnb Kapellmeister

Personally, I dont mess with those already-stripped-down versions of OS's made by other people. I do one of two things. I usually just Get a copy of official Win10Pro from Microsoft, And then set GPO to strip it out. Using simple GPO (group policy editor) you can remove anything and everything. Get rid of Windows Defender, disable Cortana completely, remove Edge, store, etc..etc. Or just download the ISO file from Windows, and use MSMG Toolkit to remove all the bloat and things you dont want...then install it. This effectively makes your own stripped down "lite" version from the official 21H2 media from Microsoft.

15. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Exactly, warez links and requests, have been cleared.

Please, this is an interesting thread, don't oblige me to close it by requesting warez, or posting links to it.
    You can use pm for this.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  16. Olymoon

Could anyone really notice a difference after tweaking windows 10?

Aside of the spying thing, is there things you couldn't do before that you can do after?

Also, is there a tweaking program that memorize which tweaks have been applied and allows to undo them?

17. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

If you are using one system for work/production & internet, you will always have a setup that is in flux. Especially with Windows 11.
    On my offline system there is a very noticeable difference in performance overall. Gone are the audio dropout issues caused by a background task trying to log and/or report back to Microsoft or whomever.

I was getting frustrated with trying to track down random issues and decided to disable any service that was not critical to Windows 10.
    Left Windows Defender in place and added a right-click menu option that allows easy access to mange Windows Firewall & windows Defender Security Center.

Do a search for: Windows Firewall Context Menu (major Geeks, tenForrums, etc...)
    Download the offered reg file, open in text editor to verify that it has no external links & close.
    Dbl-click to add to registry.

Everyone has their preferred way of backing up & restoring Windows as a whole or, just settings.
    NAS or server backup & restoration scripts, disk cloning, etc...

18. Olymoon

Thank you for your answer.
    I'll try to modify my win 10 and see if I can really do more with synthesizers like Phase Plant or Rapid, when I find a tweaking program that memorize which tweaks have been applied and allows to undo them.

About windows defense, I don't trust MS for this, so I already use external programs for both firewall and AV.

19. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Windows Security is a great free antivirus in 2022. Better than any other free alternate. I stopped trusting any other antivirus company, especially the smaller ones.

In a modern core i3 or above, I can not spot a difference in audio production or adobe photoshop. Difference would be negligible.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List