Which vst plugins are not created by synthedit and synthmaker?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dazeon, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

I think every free vst plugin has been created by the synthedit and synthmaker crap this last decade.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you can check with PEiD 0.95 or Detect It easy (DIE) every synthmaker/flowstone has a UPX+overlay signature.
    synthedit created SEQ files in a subfolder when loaded or right after it loaded.

and yes most them are created that way because its freaking hard to code a whole plugin alone in C++ for example.

4. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

I expected a list of vst plugins that are not from synthedit nor synthmaker.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

What does that mean? You expected that we make a list for you of all the plug-ins that don't use snythedit or synthmaker? :snuffy:

ArticStorm actually gave a very elegant answer to your question without him having to make a list.

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

wont happen Dazeon

another thing: those plugin doesnt have a x64 version or other plugin formats like AAX, vst3 - its simple yet not implement or never implement.

just search on kvraudio.com - they have also sometimes listed, when its made with synthedit ;) :dancing:

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Thanks for this info, ArticStorm.

I wonder why anyone would judge a plugin's qualities by how it was built!?
    Do we have the choice? Don't think so.
    The guys using SE or SM most likely wouldn't have written any plugins if they had to delve into Steinberg's VST SDK and C programming hassle ;-)

Using i386 assembler or any C compiler one could write just as crappy plugins too.

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Exactly. And what should we think about forums built off of WordPress? Should we remake the wheel just to make a board? *no*

9. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Even the preset list is full of empty patches and programs.

I want to remove all factory presets and create my own.
    I don't want to see the factory presets in the preset list when i open the plugin again.

10. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

which free vsti plugin are you referring to?

11. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

That would be a VERY LONG LIST i dont think anyone is interrested in making that list

But i can say that s.c "PRO" plugins makers Waves,Fabfilter,Softube,Uhe,Slate, etc etc DONT use synthedit or synthmaker they code in C++

But there is TONS of pluginmakers mostly very "cheap ones" and not so famouse that use synthedit or synthmaker

12. angie

angie Producer

Hey Daz why do you hate synthedit and synthmaker so much? there are some good plugs coded in those programming environments... they are a sort of high level languages coded in c++, maybe they uses more resources, but who cares today! However if you are just curios, take a look on KVR and you'll know the truth! :snuffy: :bleh: :mates:

13. Azrael

Azrael Newbie

On the contrary, there are a lot of very good plugins made with Synthedit: SonicProjects OP-X PRO II, just to name one of the best.
    Not to mention in most case Synthedit is used only for the GUI and the core is coded in C++.

14. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Lol, Daz! I think you should revaluate everything. It's not the plugin (or what software it was made with), it's how you use it (either hardcoded, freeware or commercial)! It's almost like saying two identical computers differ in performance because one has an ugly color.

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I don't see the point.

I'm a metalhead and I try nearly every ampsim that I discover. Lepou of Poulin and Onqel from TSE make great ampsims. They're kind enough to talk about their programming tools in the forums. Onqel code in C++ with a library (don't remember which one) and Lepou with synthedit.

Both are great, and they not eat much CPU. I don't care, it's just an interesting data for developers and programmers.

16. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

I agree with your statement "Lepou of Poulin and Onqel from TSE make great ampsims" you can add many more dev:s of free ampsims that make good DISTORTED sounding ampsims.
    I have tried almost everyone to this day and now when i have a Mac i can say that Logic amp sims sounds no better then any other i tried i will say it sounds the same i think most synthdudes here judge the ampsims on how it LOOKS not how it sounds.
    And i have not yet heard a good semidistorted sound from ANY ampsim that goes for everyone not just free ones.If you dont know it´s the sound you get just when the sound is about to break up on a REAL valve amp not really clean and not really distorted.

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I didn't mention it, but indeed TSE and Poulin are high gain ampsims. And they're not the only ones (Mercuriall, AcmeBarGig just to name a few). It's true that free ampsim developers do their best with high gain ampsims, as far as I know.

¿Have you tried Scuffham S-Gear? It's cheap and many people (including me) think is among the very best ampsims except for very distorted/high gain tones. It was hearing some non-official demos and instantly fall in love and buy it. And it have Mac version, I'm almost sure.

Cheers :wink:

18. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Well, (duh) just 1) erase/overwrite them 2) load init bank(s) and save as factory 3) delete the factory bank/folder/presets.
    There are many ways you can do this.

19. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Not with fl studio.

20. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Somebody is holding a gun to your head, and forces you to use presets?
    "Use the Fat Snare preset now, or I'll blow your f*cking head away!!!"

Or why is it a problem if a plug-in has presets?

21. angie

angie Producer

Oh yeah! Most of the time I don't like presets as well but sometimes are a good starting point... and philosophically speaking
    (ehm) world is no black and white! :bleh: :rofl: :dunno: :wow: