Which virtual guitar do you use in front of a plug-in amplifier?

Discussion in 'Software' started by phoberus, Feb 14, 2019.

1. phoberus

phoberus Noisemaker

Hi guys

I'm testing Guitar Rig from NI right now. This is not an instrument, it just contains effect chains. I noticed that for the best result I have to use a guitar that is as neutral as possible without any effects before. Which virtual guitar do you use before such amp effects and simulations?

Many thanks for the answers :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Hoppe

Hoppe Kapellmeister

I'd like to hear suggestions as well.

I like Ample Sound products very much, but for me no guitar VSTi sound even close to the real thing, unlike drum samples

4. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Ample Sound is also my go to, I wish they'd do a 7-string guitar but we'll see. It's basically the best in terms of usability. The tab insert possibility is the best feature of any virtual guitar. Would like this for orchestral stuff too (with xml files of course).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Same here. Ample guitar. The features/speed balance is the best for me too. And the tab feature is a game changer like you say, you can throw it a guitar pro tab in several formats and it plays it like a charm.
    For good sound I prefer Impact SoundWorks Shreddage 2 (7-strings). Only if you go for metal.

Recently came out the first Shreddage 3, a Stratocaster one. The first not metal Shreddage guitar.
    I'm still testing and seems very cool, like a virtual guitar solo paradise. The amount of features is great but also the resource usage.

RealGuitar, RealStrat and so on are the smallest ones, so they seem to be good for fast live keyboardists.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

As a guitarist, I see Ample guitar as the simplest one to program. You can write parts in guitar pro, which is a big deal

7. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

The best results so far come from Ample Sound + S-Gear (especially with Ownhammer IR's). I haven't found any better virtual/totally ITB tones yet and it sounds pretty great, especially AME.

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I erased all my guitar sample libs after trying Strum from Applied Acoustic.

It's physically modeled meaning that it only takes minimal space on your hard drive in contrast with all these multi gigabytes libs.

It's also way more flexible than the aforementioned libs because the sound is calculated in real time. Compare this with a sample lib which is static by nature where you need many different articulations and key switches to get a realistic result.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  9. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

Electri6ity, Shreddage 1-2, V-Metal for me

10. Fender Squier Stratocaster 50th Anniversary from 1996 wired with Cobalts. It's reasonable.

11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

guitars from Music Lab (imo superior to Ample Sound), or guitar sequencer/patterns from UJAM

12. genophyte

genophyte Producer

pffft all of you are wrong.

slayer2 by refx is and always will be the bestest guitar.

dont even argue with me cause you are automatically wrong if you dont already agree