Which Three Synths Can You Limit Yourself To?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Genoveva Bernhard, May 3, 2022.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

The reason is also because some of those other people know the meaning of parameters or requirements. :) The op's intent is to use 3 sources, and you want to use 25,000 presets. The idea is to actually learn the tools, not copy from those who have.

2. Mud Jones

Mud Jones Platinum Record

Ok. I enjoy creating tunes rather than creating sounds so I must have misunderstood the topic, but he did say he wants "the most bang for the buck" and mentioned nothing about learning how to program synths, but ok boss Sorry to interrupt.

3. emax2

emax2 Ultrasonic

For me The Arturia v collection 8, Omnisphere 2,and Th Korg Legacy Collection.

4. softice

softice Producer

hjkl;

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  5. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

Synthmaster, Podolski, Dune 3

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

the original suggestion is that limiting your options will help your productions. the reason why is because it forces you to use some limited amount of tools so that a you are forced to focus on only them and learn them. IF someone makes this sort of suggestion to "you" ever; after listening to your music; you should probably listen to them. They have formulated this opinion for a reason. Without listening to their music, you would prefer to do the exact opposite of that intent. People found it funny. You do not see that as ironic¿

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

Watch this dutch guy make a complete track with only a 909 kick
    (Who needs a synth anyway):wink:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Mud Jones

Mud Jones Platinum Record

Not a chance I would change my music to suit someone else, that's extremely weak thinking and I am not trying to fit in.
    It wouldn't matter if I heard their music or not, most of the people who have ever given me their opinions about my music are usually people who are even worse than I am at mixing.
    I see your point though if you are trying to be a people pleaser with your music. that's not integrity.

9. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I found it by accident a little over a decade ago (and it was already considered ancient back then) and thought it sounded extremely good for its size. I then discovered that I was already very familiar with it as it's used for a lot of the "newer" orchestral instruments in the sequel of one of my favorite games (and ironically both of them use the original MOTIF extensively)

I never really stopped using it but I picked it up again since I've been "exploring" the old (official) Roland S-7xx sampler libraries and I happened to find more or less all of the samples used in the Orchestral VST (and probably the orchestral SR-JV/SRX cards)

Point is, I'm very attached to it even if it's clunky as hell and it's why I even bother to keep a Windows VM on my production macbook (or why I even have a DAW on my Windows desktop at all)

A bit off-topic but GOD, I HATE how Roland were aware of the save/reload bug in all their Edirol VSTs but never addressed it outside of telling users to save/load performances from the VSTs themselves. I also use the Hyper Canvas for regular MIDI playback with Falcosoft's MIDI player (and for restoring music from Nintendo DS games) and I occasionally boot up Super Quartet if I really need some Roland pianos but I very rarely use these two in "actual" projects.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  10. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Nexus 2, Nexus 3, Nexus 4

11. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

They made a FOURTH?!

12. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

Get yourself an FM Synth, a subtractive synth and a wavetable synth and all your bases are pretty much covered.

13. uladzislau

uladzislau Producer

For modern sound - Phaseplant. For retro sound - Diva, Triton :winker:

14. Benno de Bruin

Benno de Bruin Kapellmeister

Amazing sound coming from that single wall speaker! [​IMG]