Which software company spams you the most?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zenarcist, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

is it because Plugin Alliance have so many plugins to offer or is it because they greedy or is it because they like getting on people nerves?

2. Atlantis84

what do you use from Magix i just notice u said that lol

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

.....yes??

4. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

Neural DSP gets pretty annoying for me

5. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

PA seems to have mellowed out lately. I used to get 2-3 a day from them as well, but lately I've only seen one come in. I don't know who's worse, PA, PB, APD, UAD, or even Guitar Center. I get two to three emails a day from Guitar Center because I have a credit card there. I get my 'Daily Deal' email, I get some 'NOW BACK IN STOCK' email, and I usually get a 'DONT LET THIS ONE GET AWAY' email from whatever last product I was looking at on their website whenever I was there. Sweetwater is right up there with them. UA emails me at least once a day now, and they keep sending me the annoying 'Don't forget your free LA-2A' email or 'Don't forget the essentials bundle offer', IVE ALREADY GOT BOTH AND THEY"RE ATTACHED TO THE ACCOUNT YOU ARE SPAMMING. I get a lot of crap emails from Akai too, but I'm also a 'beta tester' so its a 50/50 split whether its legit email I want to read or not.

I unsubbed from almost ALL of the sale places a month or two ago so my 'Music Gear' folder in my email went from about 40 every time I check my mail to like 10 a day. I left a few in there like Steinberg (gotta know when Cubase 13 comes out right?), Novation, Sequential, folks I might want firmware update notices or something for.. Plenty of sites Im on announce everybody's sales, I don't need to waste another hour of my day deleting redundant emails for crap I'm not buying anyways.

6. Atlantis84

Akai always spamming me i actually took out the time to delete all of it now i do remember buying cubase 10 elements for this one friend i have that didnt have a credit card he paid be back in cash tho but i do remember getting all type of spams from stienberg lol ..and you know dam well you will know when cubase 13 come out without you checking your email lol .....anyway i have so many unread messages in my inbox and i did it the easy way just search up all the spam by the name in my email inbox and i deleted like 400 messages i will never let it get like that again i been lazy for too long lol u feel me @Slavestate lol

7. Slavestate

I think I just figured out who the worst ones are and its not an audio company. It's the record companies. Always something from somebody coming out on Bandcamp friday or Jesus Lizard or Hum represses, Rough Trade with some anniversary Prince 20LP set in 200g embossed purple vinyl, and I HAVE to buy it. And the t-shirt. Every damn time. It's like the tractor beam on the Death Star.

8. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

Plugin Alliance
    UAD
    Harrison Mixbus

Yep, like clockwork.

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

legit trial/demo versions to see how little Samplitude and Soundforge evolved past decade :hillbilly:

10. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

SSL (at least one email per week)

11. LoveToGig

LoveToGig Producer

Happily unsubscribed Plugin Alliance user.

12. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

Plugin Alliance, yes, but Cymatics is penetrating my inbox deep and hard with frequency.

13. altair033

altair033 Ultrasonic

Most annoying company is Vochlea. They appear in every ad on my social media.

14. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Im sure I don't want to be on PA's email list again, but at least their deals are useful... Audio Plugin Deals was spamming me at least as often about crap that I'd never buy.. not sure why I even signed up for that. LOL

15. holdup13

holdup13 Kapellmeister

Waves Audio. Mfs have been emailing me for a sale that should've ended 99999 tomorrows ago.

16. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Yes, the deals are useful, but it's also a case of psychological warfare as they try to convince you to buy stuff that you never even knew you needed! I wasn't a very good customer because I knew what I wanted, and I was prepared to wait for the lowest possible price. I also scooped up loads of free plugins with the $20 voucher scheme. Dirk was quite happy with this arrangement, as he was in the high volume sales business, and every small purchase added up.

Fast forward to today and Dirk is no longer in charge. Rival companies are catching up quality wise, and there are no more $20 voucher freebies since those old $19.99 plugins are now priced at $24.99/$29.99 when on sale.

It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  17. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

I still get spam from Bitheadz.

18. Slavestate

Well shit when is that Unity DS-1 VST3 update coming out then???