Which Sequencer do you guys use?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by suchenderxxx, Jun 18, 2011.

?

Your choice

1. Cubase / Nuendo

16.2%
  2. Ableton

24.8%
  3. FL Studio

12.6%
  4. Reason

1.9%
  5. Sonar

6.3%
  6. Reaper

9.1%
  7. Logic

9.1%
  8. Pro Tools

1.7%
  9. Other

6.7%
  10. Presonus Studio

11.6%
  1. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

I love you :hug:

2. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

@ suchenderxxx

Can't you READ??

There are other factors which made ProTools an industry standard, but not the sound quality!!
    Inform yourself a little bit, before making a complete idiot of yourself.

For fuck's sake :snuffy:

3. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Exactly. Simply as YOU.

Why did you waited for us to point you to these publications and funny videos ?

4. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

@lysergyk yes its an interesting subject, tho you may of got me a bit confused with somebody else said on a few things, not that it matters.

As always its a great way to pass time talking in a forum. I'll leave it there and sit back and watch the show :wink:

Cheers

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Gulliver : There are other factors which made ProTools an industry standard, bot not the sound quality!!

Theres a lot of factors that made NS10's an industry standard too, quality wasn't one of them heheh

Not having a go at you mate, just an industry inside joke, no offense meant about your quote

Cheers :wink:

6. geiar

geiar Noisemaker

Rrrriighty ho. So.. 5 forum's pages spent insulting each other.. stating this and that for what?

It seem quite obvious that no-one here is willing to back out or stand down and in that respect there is no real point in keeping the whole thing going..
    As it is, this thread is not informative to anyone anymore nor it shows any shred of respect or undersanding. From any side, BUT...

Just remember that when Protools came out years ago it was the best featured most powerful and (because of the hardware it came with) the best sounding DAW available. Most pro-studios bough it and spent long hours learning how to make the best of it.
    Time is money and today no-one sees the reason to change what is still one of the best DAW for something else. So Protools remains the most used DAW by pro studios, but not for it's sounds superiority. And new pro studios will still prefer Protools (to some degree) only and mainly for compatibility issues, since nowadays it is very common to start a project in one studio and then move elsewhere to finish it.

I say if you think/believe/trust that the DAW you are currently use sounds better than others then go ahead and keep useing it. There is no harm to anyone. All those who believe that all DAW sounds equal (myself including) will carry on living as normal.
    If there is one tiny difference is that I personally will no doubt move on to something else that I might discover has a better workflow, ergonomics and features that my current DAW (Samplitude11).
    On the other hand you will remain attached to your DAW forever in the belief and confort that it is the best sounding DAW of all. Are you right? Am I wrong? Who knows.

Who is loosing out? Who cares.. we are both happy, aren't we?

Ciao

7. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Hehe, I bet you are right, altough I never had the "joy" of listening to NS10s so far.

@ JayAr

I think this tread is still informative, especially if one reads the articles which have been linked here.
    I for myself can say that I learned new things reading them.

You are right, everybody should use the DAW he's happy with, of course.
    But if somebody claims that his personal apperceptions are actually a fact, then it's also the right (or duty) of other people, to correct him and set it straight.
    This is the way how a lot of "half-knowledge" is created, when people just distribute their opinions labeled as truth or fact.

8. suchenderxxx

suchenderxxx Guest

so interpolating a sample with 44,1 khz to 96 khz makes differences to the sound, you serious?

9. suchenderxxx

suchenderxxx Guest

you are able the read? i wrote that i still know these kind of "knowledge" but i do prefer searching and testing it my self, then believing what others propagande is....

so go ahead and wake the big studios and their clients up, with your groundbreaking news and we all switch to fruity loops for the professionall mastering process. cause the summing is the same in every daw :wink:

10. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Oh yes I can read. This is what you've wrote in your devastating fury against scientific evidences :

And what's making all the difference, is the fact that Mr. Ableton, Mr. Image-Line, Mr. Steinberg, Mr. Ethan Winer, my "teletubbies friend" and myself, we all CAN EXPLAIN WHY all DAWs sounds the same (and we can also demonstrate this by a null-test).

So I will not respond to your provocations, bad faith and stupid argumentation until you come back here with a solid and scientific demonstration of the validity of your theory.

Bye.

11. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

I second that, that's the only right answer at this stage.

Obviously suchenderxxx has no interest at all to learn something, or to question his "knowledge", he just wants to stick with his own theory, no matter what happens. Arguing with a person with such an attitude is a complete waste of time.

So let it be.

12. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

I agree that protools is no longer that superior nowadays ...and it's a standard in pro studios chiefly because old habits die hard, however I disagree with what you say on the processors ....that is still definitely not the case nowaday...give me any computer and I'll make it bow and fall to its knees in no time....if you use, just to name a few, specialization effects like convolution reverbs, surround effects, synth etc (no need to have millions of them running), have a big project (between 50 to 100 tracks)or use high sample rates...you still need A LOT of power...

13. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

I come across you post after having written mine but that's about it! *yes*

14. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

if you downsample below 44.1 yes you will hear a difference...if you upsample from 44khz to above, there will be no difference in sound for you as you can hear above 20khz
    and with 44.1 the first difference (= errors) that may happen is already at 22khz

now you are sort of contradicting yourself here.... if you play a sample at 44.1 in a 96 project (or whatever rate as long as it is different from 44.1)..then it will sound very different as the pitch and length will be altered in a crazy way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist%E2%80%93Shannon_sampling_theorem

why would upsampling make a difference? it wont change anything....
    downsampling is a different story....

one thing however when upsampling from 44.1 to 96 you will gain something if you use effects as they will benefit from a better definition...but not your soundclip

I gues you both say the same thing here :rofl:

15. mrmuck

mrmuck Newbie

pk, ok , we all make our own reality i guess whatever works im now on sonar x1

16. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Hi lysergyk,

to understand what we were talking about here, you should read this thread:
    http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/27-your-opinion-on-downsampling/page__st__40

suchenderxxx claimed that 96 kHz sounds better than 44,1, and for a demonstration he posted two audio-examples, a patch from Omnisphere, played at 44,1 and at 96 kHz.
    You can download the samples there for yourself, there is really a difference in the sound, but I said already there, that I'm not sure why it is.
    The only explanation which comes to my mind is, that the sample was recorded at 44,1 kHz, and if you play it back at 96 kHz, some degradation is added to the signal, because of the necessary interpolation. But I agree that it shouldn't be that much audible, but you can clearly hear a difference between the two examples.

Listen for yourself, maybe you have a better explanation, but I suggest replying to this in the other thread, as here it is actually off topic.

17. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

I still use FL Studio 9.1 and now I'm try to understand Sonar X1, besides this I think all sequencer have the same sound! *yes*

18. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

hi slayer fan! actually they dont all sound the same even though it's very close, as we explained they use different panning algorithm ... but in the end it dosnt really matter

19. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

thanks for the link i'll read that when i have time...

it might sound better because the effects are in 96khz and they are better quality...if you read the link i posted, unless you are not a normal human being above 44.1 you cant hear any difference for the same sample

20. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Again... I think that the 44,1 version sounds better. That's why I said that maybe the interpolation to 96 added some degredation.
    But listen first, and without assuming that the 96 will sound better, if possible please :bow: