Which sample library vendors are worth a listen?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Retal, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Retal

Retal Newbie

Let's be real: the vast majority of sample packs are complete shit. Finding something worth listening to is a painstaking process, so I've come to ask which sample library companies you've come to trust when seeking something worth listening to.

I'm especially interested in one-shots which can be used to compose anything as opposed to loops which can be difficult to extract something useful from.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

Sample Modeling, OrangeTree Samples, Acoustic Samples, Imperfect Samples, Impact Soundworks, Analogue Drums, Drum Forge are pretty much the ones that I use most of the time.

4. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

I forgot Vintage Strings for that Motown and Soul sound.Great stuff.

5. shomyca

shomyca Producer

For what kind of music?

6. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Stock music loops, One shots, & presets: Pulsed Records (aka Audio Masters), Sample Magic, Samplephonics, Vengeance sound, GOGOi, Plugin Guru.
    Kontakt and others: Orange Tree, Orchestral Tools, Output sounds, UVI, Impact soundworks.
    These are just a handful of ones whom I will always do business with. I mean, except for that EDM shit that any of them may make. That crap's way overabundant and irks me to death (no offense, you guys). :mates:

7. Retal

Retal Newbie

Doesn't Vengeance only do "EDM shit"?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  8. shomyca

shomyca Producer

aham, cool...can't help you there :/

9. Pereira

Pereira Producer

Take a look at Computer Music magazine reviews.....there's a sample libraries section, and sometime they have good suggestions

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

It depends on what kind of music you do or are looking for. But not knowing this I'd give a shot to Samplephonics just to start, great libraries, lots of different styles.

11. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Yeah basically. But their plugins are cool. Like Phalanx and some other thing that's for kick drums - I can't recall it right off hand. Some cool name. Plus, their effects are badass. I recently bought Glitchbitch, Producer suite and Tape-stop, and there's so many possibilities and you can do all kinds of super cool stuff with them. Really well crafted plugs. I also meant to put Vengeance sound in the "Kontakt & others" but got mixed up. That was a typo. BUT, their Deep House expansion was badass, IMHO. But 99.999999999999999999999999% of the time, yes, like you said, they only do EDM shit. I was never a fan of their loop packs, but I know of plenty of peeps who are.
    But you guys should seriously check out sample magic for one shot drums and stuff. Some cool stuff they got.

12. Jim Greulich

Jim Greulich Noisemaker

Impressive... are you saying that the QUALITY of Vengance's EDM packs are crap? Or, is it that you think EDM in general is crap?

13. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Problem with vengeance "inmho" is that for a start everones already used the sounds,Secondly i find everything vengeance does to sound primarily the same,And yeah its all kinda 140bpm ish based EDM....
    Personally i program different styles mainly hardstyle dnb but its difficult to suggest anything as i dont know what style/genre you program...
    That said loopmasters is a good place for Artist based libraries ive found .. Have you considered going to "Time and space"?
    Its been a while since i looked at any of the availiable catalogue but for good library of any style/genre they usually have something for all....