which sample editor to accompany Live?

Discussion in 'Live' started by fraifikmushi, May 12, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Man I would love to use Edison but IL does a pretty half assed job of porting their stuff to VST. Have you tried moving Edison to a different track with the UI open? How about grouping any IL plugin to a rack with the UI open? Recording a long (a couple minutes) sample in Edison and then doing literally anything with it? Any of these things will crash Live every time.

I so wanted to use Edison, and If IL gave a shit about their VST customers I'd buy it in half a heartbeat. Sadly they don't seem interested in making their plugins work for people who are not using FL, despite their VSTs costing as much as most of the quality competitors on the market.

Sorry, I'm not trying to piss on your parade. I just have a serious love/hate relationship with Image Line. I recognize that they have some of the best plugin ideas around, but I'm also salty about having sunk a bunch of money into faulty plugins that haven't received bug fixes in over a year. As someone who buys all his plugs, I recommend warezing this one until they fix it.

2. seml

seml Ultrasonic

Ah bummer man....
    Dont be sorry. Its good you told.
    I made this message WITHOUT paying attention .. That it has to be for live.
    Im not a live user myself so i hope the topic starter will read your message in time!
    I dont got that much experience with IL. (only vocodex and well you guessed it,.. edison)
    I stepped on the bitwig boat,... and they work fine in it.
    So again dont be sorry to piss on my parade,.. you can better spread the word like this, so people are warned!

3. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

I use twisted wave, but probably just because I have had it there for awhile, fission looks good (I'm on osx), ... I personally miss old Sound Designer II, but oh well...