Which OS do you use mainly for producing music [POLL]

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alpha0ne, Mar 25, 2016.

?

Which OS do you use ?

1. Windows 10

27.3%
  2. Windows 7

41.8%
  3. Windows XP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. OSX

29.1%
  5. IOS

1.8%
  6. Android

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Linux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Windows 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi people,

This is just a rudimentary poll to have an overview about the usage of different operating systems for producing music of AudioZ-people.

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

4. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I'm a mac guy but If were to guess on this poll, Win 7 will win the most votes as there is a larger population of Windows users vs mac ,etc..and since we're dealing with audio, most windows users stuck with 7 due to better rumored audio stability.

5. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Right now not every plugin is win 10 compatible, they have issues. So it is better to use win 7, if you are serious. If you make music just for fun, like me, no problem in using win 10, but some AudioUtopia releases do not work in win 10.

6. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

software engeneering is my main profession and I don't have the feeling that I'm stuck with win7. w10 advantages are neglectable for me, or they are Azure-intrinsic. maybe I'm too old, or too pragmatic but between w7 & w10, I prefer the OS where I don't have to poke the colors of active/inactive window-title bars into the registry to escape the "white flag on glacier"-theme that w10 comes with :) I have quite an ensemble of Macs too, but like w10: ever since Mavericks, Apple is doing a helluva job to make the new OS-versions more unattractive to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Wuji

Wuji Ultrasonic

I waited a long time, because many people are concerned switching, but I got Windows 10 three months ago. I have not had a single problem with any plugin, audio hard- or software. In the end there would have been no need to switch from Win 8 but I think sometimes it's better to not wait until the last days are coming, like many people did with Win XP. I used it for a long time, when people claimed it was the best Windows for audio. In the end I had more trouble staying on this old Windows, because new software didn't work on XP anymore.
    It's kind of true to never change a running system but when it gets outdated sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Yes, sorry guys. I knew i forgot something :D Windows 8 but i will edit it now.
    @Ankit I switched last year from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 pro, and so far i can say that i dont have any issues which i didnt had on Win 7.
    Beside the fact that Win 10 is spying on u and you have to permit them to have acces on your emails (they even have a keylogger - so be carefull with your passwords and creditcards) it runs very well.
    @junh1024 Thanks for the link i didnt know that.