Which one to Buy...

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by MrLyannMusic, Jun 24, 2017.

?

Wish one would you suggest me to buy ?

1. M-Audio - Axiom Air 61

2. AKAI - ADVANCE 61

3. AKAI - MPK 261

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. saltwater

saltwater Guest

do yourself a favor and stay away from M-audio, looking at the reviews its just a steaming pile of shit with all kinds of quality issues.
    screens stop working, pads light up and send midi notes constantly, no driver updates available, bad customer support ....

s88 is fully hammer weighted Fatar keybed, thats why its so costly.
    the other models are semi weighted but still Fatar, how about a s49?, costs a lot less.

the Advance VIP software does indeed use ilok so ....

theres only the mpk left, lots of controls, state of the art pads and overall decent quality, aftertouch needs a lot of force to activate tho

2. Marwen Klai

Marwen Klai Newbie

since you said that i knew that your a Tunisian :disco: and i think your best choice is the M-Audio - Axiom Air 61 iv triedit, its good thought the modwheel isn't that great but it depends on what type of music you do, and tried AKAI - ADVANCE 61 it's really awesome thought i didn't see it in any store, not ali baba music for sure but it's a great keyboard, and the last one i really didn't try it, so no view about it honestly,
    -sheers mate. :wink:

-

3. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

yeah, that was my first midi controller. total junk. my wife hated when i would play it with headphones on. all she could hear was the annoying clickety-clack of those crappy keys - from across the house.

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Big knobs and large space between them is a very good feature when you want to record an automation or in live stuations.
    I have faders on my actual keyboard and I absolutly never use them.For me 8 rotary encoders are sufficient.
    Anyway I think the MPK or the Advance are a (very) good choice.
    Good luck !

5. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

none of the above. in that price range I would get the nektar panorama 61

7. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

I hope I am not too late.

You have a NATIVE INSTRUMENTS reseller in your city.

Try visiting them. You said you work with KOMPLETE products and they may be the answer to your prayers for a controller that seamlessly integrates with your software !

Good luck my friend

ALIBABA MUSIC
    Rue du Lac de Come
    Les Berges du Lac
    Tunis, 1053
    71 860850​

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

already called them by phone, and they don't have what i'm after, i've visited their website first, didn't find the keyboard so i called and they confirmed it for me, importing one just for me wasn't an option either...

http://www.alibabamusic.com/marque-alibaba.php?Code_marque=43

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  9. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

I had the same problem in the country I am in.
    The good news is you have a Native Instruments authorized dealer near you.

The sad news is they decided not to add the N.I. keyboard controllers to their orders.
    HOWEVER

THEY are importing MASCHINES and the smaller items from Native Instruments...

small size - less import duties - makes sense.

100% same situation I was in.

If you have the stamina for it try getting to know the owner. It is up to them to decide what to order from Native Instruments for their next shipment.

I simply paid cash for the item in advance to the local dealer. And I also promised to pay ANY import and customs duties.

Countless days, weeks went by.... I waited paitiently.
    Now I have one of the only Komplete Kontrol S88's in my country.

May be worth a shot for you as well.

#1 Make friends
    #2 Pay them :wink:
    #3 Pray

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

This is so true!

I'm just realizing this right now. It also makes me sad that the difference between this is still so big in different places. I just want to buy Komplete Kontrol for him right here and flying to him to bring it personally.

11. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i truly and deeply appreciate what you said, but that's life mate, here the market is targeted more toward DJs... what a shame...

12. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Not going to ruin this thread, it's a bit off-topic, but do you even have any clubs? or you mean only wedding DJs and such?

13. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

considered Nektar Impact LX61+ ?

14. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

check this one out, and yes there is some good clubs over here, actually one of the few areas that really shines in here lol...

also if my memory is good, Armin van buuren and Tiesto, they came to Tunisia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hey guys, i just wanted to tell you that after a lot of confusion, and phone calls, and all kind of weird stuff i can tell you with a smile on my face and somehow a mixed feeling between excitement and happiness that i finally ordered the "Native Komplete Kontrol S88"...

i have payed almost the half cost for now... the downside is that it is gonna take a whole and complet two months (at least) for it to come...

anyway this is gonna be one of the longest two months in my life lol, can't wait...

finally i wanted to Thank every single one of you who commented and tried to help me, beyond appreciated guys really...

Glad to be part of this community!!

have a nice day fellas!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Great! That's the one i own as well. You're going to love it! And it will make your life so much easier, trust me! Enjoy.

17. Great news!!! In perspective of eternity not even a moment will go by until the beautiful and amazing S88 comes home and is cherished by you, it's new best friend.

18. Blazin

Blazin Producer

In my opinion never ever buy M-Audio anything they suck so bad and I have an MPK249 and it owns all and I wish I had the 261 and when the heck they will ever release an MPK288 so I can upgrade I have no idea

19. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

@e-minor @superliquidsunshine Thank you guys really, can't wait to add this to my studio and start working with, really happy with it!

@Blazin yes mate M-Audio was available even the new models, but i just ignored it, i wanted quality, and i went with quality!