Which * music labels * have you released your * music on or would like to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by spyfx, Sep 20, 2017.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

Which music labels have you released your music on or would like to? leave a comment.

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I havn't really cared about any of that ( created own small label 16 years ago)
    but recently i want to do bigger things with music that lot more people can enjoy so when i get all the parts in motion i want to get large label support and make fantastic music but also for the masses with positive message and music for all ages.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. electriclash

electriclash Guest

@MMJ2017 7

what style music are you making?

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

@spyfx what do the videos have to do with the question?
    On topic: bedrock would be a milestone for me, that would be awesome.

6. spyfx

spyfx Guest

@spyfx what do the videos have to do with the question? :

1. nothing (just showing fellow members here my work).

2. everything (my music is related to my question releasing music on labels).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2017
  7. spyfx

spyfx Guest

any more comments ? labels you would like to get involved with ? :wink:

8. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

I don't care about releasing music in any label because I don't want my music to be restricted into one particular style or genre, plus I want to set my own style (which I am developing actually).

But if I had to choose one label it would be Ultimae or Cyro Chamber.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Same reason we're not after a label. We play rock, hard rock, pop rock. We even have a reggae type track and a country song. I think diversity in an act should be a thing to be appreciated. We want to write, create and express ourselves. Not "stay in a lane".

10. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thanks to everyone for participating:wink:

11. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

The only label which have approched us say something like:

"You pay everything and we split all the profit!"

I guess you can guess our answer... ^^

12. spyfx

spyfx Guest

lol tell that label and their people to go to H E L L :wink:

13. Gnib

Gnib Producer

My latest release was on 1103 Musik Berlin, I had a 50% royalties contract with From A Tree Records but it was a Greek label and they went bankrupt. I never saw any money (not that I care). Then they made I new start with a under a different name (Minitree) and asked me to do some remixing which I kindly declined

I had a project with the Lithuanian Scerbas but he never got back to me when I submitted my work.

Bottom line: only lousy experiences but I do this for fun and not for money or recognition. I'm not a pro and my life does not depend on music making.

I did like Mobilee Record for a while but it`s all too commercial, same for Second State Records who released this NIGHT LIFE UNLIMITED clothing line (disgusting, check their pages) in their merchandise. So.......no there is no specific label I would like to deal with.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thanks for your story and info:wink:

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Things have changed, you dont need a big label today. Distribution, yes, but being chained to a label can really destroy you financially and spiritually.
    You can do all the production from home now, including the business side. If you are able to master engineering/mixing then you are on a good way to artistic independence.
    You can still hire musicians and engineers later on, but earning money with music today is so much easier and faster, endless possibilities.

16. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

As a rock "artist" (or anything guitar-based really) maybe, but for everything in electronic music apart from edm, there is no way around releasing with reputable labels if you want to get some traction at all.

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I guess the only way to describe it would be "popular" but not as the way we have thought of pop in recent times, its more sophisticated , but at same time not off putting to those listeners that want simplicity.
    the analogy is like with tv shows for decades we have had them , but only in last maybe 8 years have tv shows transcended to another whole level in quality of writing, cinematography , acting, etc. this is what i want to do with a type of popular music, it will have positive message be for any age group , yet show respect to the entire history of music, it will have a feeling of sophistication but never chaotic or overindulgent.as you might be able to tell , it is a tall order but i am okay with that, i am willing to put in the work, and also try find others that want to share that vision.

18. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thank you for your thoughts:wink:

19. spyfx

spyfx Guest

wish you all the best in all your music endeavors:wink:

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Unless you are Metallica, then not staying in the lane means putting on a different make up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  21. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@Von_Steyr, any post with Phil in it automatically gets "Winner"!