Which is the world's best arpeggiator?

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by farao, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i am using the ableton appregiator, simple and comes with ableton.

2. MIDIMood

MIDIMood Ultrasonic

I encourage you to try to reproduce the basic pattern in the last video I published (see previous post) using Ableton's built-in Arpeggiator.
    You'll see the difference.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

dunno for ambient, experimental and adding variation to drones, the arp in ableton does the job.

sure it is maybe not to great for making serious arps you want to recognize as those, but that was never my goal or intention.
    i smear the arps anyway with a huge reverb and a shitload of delays :D

4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I don't get what your tool really does. All I can see is you drawing patterns in the clip editor. What do I need your tool for?

5. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

6. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

Is there anything similar to that Codepen one where you can change Modes?

7. odelay

odelay Kapellmeister

One of the most interesting step sequencers I've found so far is HY-MPS. You program your sequence in "blocks". You can set your sequence to a specific root note and scale / mode (23 variations to choose from, plus the possibility of defining your own scale). You can have up to 8 blocks. Each block may have a different number of steps (note length), you can silence steps within the block and set each block to be played backwards, forwards or randomly. You can set the pitch, octave, gate time, velocity, probability and an auxiliary parameter (for example, a MIDI CC) for each step in each block. Then, you set a block chain (up to 16 blocks). This sequence of blocks can be set to be played forwards, backwards, F<->B (2 modes), Randomly (2 modes)... - You can also save up to 8 snapshots for each sequence preset.
    It also has two LFO's which can be applied to different parameters (i.e. to a MIDI CC). The LFO's can be set in Hz or in length (synced - from 8 bars to 1/32 triplets).

Of course, you can transpose the sequence by pressing a different key. - And you can also set trigger modes, note swing, speed. It has reset / randomize buttons for each block and parameter (randomize range adjustable in "strength").

Just for $28... IMHO, totally worth every buck.
    https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-mps/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. MIDIMood

MIDIMood Ultrasonic

Kameleono brings the power of side-chaining to the MIDI world by using your DAW to build patterns and sequencer steps.
    You can use it to program or even play live the most high speed and complex modern melodies, bass lines, etc. You can also use it to simulate professional playback of a real instrument such as a Piano, Guitar, etc.

Basically you have a separation between your chord progression and pattern/rhythm of the song.
    So you can change one without affecting the other.
    Also, you are using your DAW as a pattern platform for your Arps.
    This way you can make as complex as you like and as long as you like Arp patterns + advanced timing support (you can use Ableton Live groove for example) and on-the-fly switching.

Please see the following video. It might explain a little bit more:

Also you can visit the website for more information: https://www.midimood.com/product/kameleono/