Which is the better melody?

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by demberto, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Which melody is better?

1. 1st (A)

2. 2nd (B)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. demberto

demberto Rock Star

There are 2 melodies in this. This is my first try in making a proper song. Which melody is better? Why? I think the 2nd one but just asking... Also I do not much (probably, nothing) of music theory so also tell which key are these melodies. FL reports it to be A Minor for 1st and C Major for 2nd but I don't think so. I think both are in same key as root note A is the same in both.

Attached Files:

3. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

In my opinion, the first one is way better. You overcomplicated the second one.

I'm into metal, so I might not be the best person to comment on this, but I think the melody in this kind of music is supposed to be simple and catchy. The first one is.

In other words, if people won't be able to hum the melody, it's a bad melody.

4. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

The second one is not good rhythmically, something is wrong with it.
    "Repair" (remake) it a bit and USE THEM BOTH to avoid endless repeating of the same melody.
    The first one is a main theme, the second one is a variation.
    (Why ppl don't learn the music theory... :dunno:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  5. demberto

demberto Rock Star

@Ak3mi91 I think probably both the melodies are crap. But anyways its due to repeated listening of the same thing.

@lbnv I will fix 2nd one and use it as variation. But for that they need to be in the same key right? Like 1st drop with 1st melody and 2nd drop with 2nd melody. I know I need to learn music theory to be better but I don't have a MIDI keyboard to actually practice the stuff I learnt. I just mostly randomly draw and use the computer keyboard which again cannot be used for most of the chords.

6. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

I'm not sure if you are fishing for compliments, but I've never said it's a crap. The first melody is alright, the second one needs more work.

7. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Okk u didn't understand me there. I am not good at English:dunno:. I meant that I think even first can be improved. I don't say that you said so

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  8. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Best Answer
    first one is good, the second is suffering from both the extra added "rhythm" of the side-chain plus some weak notes.
    if anything i recommend one thing, do not second guess your thoughts and initial gut-feelings.

another humble tip is, don't repair a "bad" idea/melody by making it to ANOTHER song/track in the process. rather either trash it, or finish the initial idea!

and then make another track with any "new ideas" that sprung out of the original one, a sort of remix if you wish. but always fight to finish the first idea. try to always close a project.

regards

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  9. demberto

demberto Rock Star

The weak notes were indeed hitting at the sidechain and it does not sound as powerful as first.