Which is the best compressor vst for voice, guitar etc

Discussion in 'Software' started by music2013, Apr 6, 2015.

1. music2013

music2013 Ultrasonic

Which is the best compressor vst for voice, guitar. etc

I appreciate comments.

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Musictyros5,

There's a very interesting (and exhaustive !) Article whithin our Forum about the preferred 'Compressor(s)' of several of our Members and Users. *yes*

Simply take a look at it, and perhaps you'll find one (or various) that can suit your specific neeeds... :thumbsup:

'Favorite Compressor ?'

4. IXV

IXV Newbie

You should look into Native Instruments Supercharger or iZotope plugins so far they have served me good :thumbsup:

5. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

This one is free and it sound very good and easy to use I have lots for comp and I always use this one try it best comp i found

http://klanghelm.com/DC1A.php

6. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

It depends on what you're wanting to accomplish with compression - what style of music are you recording; will you be applying the effect in-line, on a sidechain, or in a master buss?

My all-time favorite compressor plug-in is PSP Audio Old Timer, as well as its relatives, Vintage Warmer and Old Timer ME. Why? Because I can't stand the sound of "compression," which, as often over-used, sounds like an applied effect, as attention-calling as delay, flanger or tremelo; it can be distractively abrasive, or cause a "breathing" effect to the mix that's annoying when not obviously the desired result. Old Timer is the first compressor I try on a vocal or acoustic instrument, since it doesn't tend to over-do its task. Old Timer tends to leave room for naturalistic dynamics, rather than squasing things out. (It doubles, for me, as a gain-booster, too.)

As for a compressor that does the "saturation" thing as subtly or aggressively as you'd like (say, on drum tracks), Native Instruments' Supercharger GT is great.

The Klanghelm DC1A, as mentioned, is really good. As long as we're talking freeware, VladG Sound has great compressor, limiter, and equalizer plug-ins available:

https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

If you've got some money to fling, the new Waves Butch Vig Vocals plug-in is as great as it ought to be, for vocals in a pop/rock setting. It simplifies the compression/EQ chaining that can get complex - and the GUI is one of the most elaborate and entertaining I've ever seen.

7. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

White 2A Leveling amplifier from T-Racks. :thumbsup:
    I think NI or Softube also modelled the LA-2A Leveling Amplifier. You can't go wrong with this one on guitar or vocals... *yes*

8. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Waves or T-racks emulations of the La-2A

9. Sarawak_Sam

Sarawak_Sam Ultrasonic

renvox & renax

i like this

10. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Klanghelm DC8C is a great overall compressor that is VERY flexible. On vocals I tend to use the Waves CLA 1176 sent into the CLA LA2A.

11. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

klangheim make good compressor for natural sound as said, also a good emulation of the tubetech CL1b is great for acoustic stuff as its very transparent and very popular with artists as you can push it and not notice its there.

12. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

The best compressor is the one you pick, learn, use and abuse.

13. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

To me, the best(for vocals) is the free one, first version of the TDR feedback compressor. Sound neutral even if you push it verry hard.
    http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-feedback-compressor/