Which has better sound quality bose soundlink mini 2 vs beats pill plus

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by brazytupac, Feb 25, 2022.

1. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

i need one of these, any one knows which will be the better option?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Bose SoundLink Mini 2
    Above-average sound: In the Bose SoundLink Mini 2 test, it quickly became clear that the music box has a very good sound.
    No matter whether loud or quiet - the device from Bose always sounds good. Definitely a big plus point.

There are deductions in these points
    Unfortunately, there are also some points to criticize. These are the "bad features" of the box:

- Low battery life: Earlier, the charging time was praised, but the battery life is to be criticized here. After a bit less than ten hours, the Bose SoundLink Mini 2 gives up the ghost in the test. Basically, ten hours is not a short time, but if you listen to music outdoors for half a day, it is quite possible that you will run out of music.
    - Bluetooth range: The distance between the phone and the speaker is also a bit of a problem. The Bluetooth range is only about nine meters. So if you're outside, it's going to be difficult in this respect. There might also be connection problems indoors if you change rooms.
    - No WLAN and aptX: The Bose SoundLink Mini 2 cannot shine in this point either, since neither WLAN nor aptX are supported.
    - Not cheap: The relatively high price could quickly deter many who are thinking about getting the SoundLink Mini 2.
    At around 160 Euros, the music box is definitely not a bargain.

2.) Beats Pill Plus
    It looks like Apple has quietly discontinued the Beats Pill Plus. As a report from 9to5Mac suggests, the portable Bluetooth speaker is no longer displayed for purchase at Apple or on the Beats website. With this move, Apple has finally said goodbye to the last remaining Bluetooth speaker.

There is now enough competition for the Beats Pill Plus in all price ranges. If you want to set up a multi-room system, you can also use Sonos in addition to the in-house HomePod minis, and there are other manufacturers of high-quality Bluetooth speakers like Ultimate Ears, Teufel, Bang & Olufsen and more. The Beats Pill Plus is currently still available at third-party retailers for prices starting at 200 Euros.

4. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

Soundcore motion+!
    Definitiv!

Motion+
    Ultra-Wide Frequency Range for Remarkable Sound

1038 reviews

• Hi-res Audio: motion+ is equipped with stunning Hi-Res Audio which is further enhanced by Qualcomm aptX for lossless music reproduction when streaming via Bluetooth.
    • Huge sound with intense bass: packed with two Ultra high-frequency tweeters, neodymium woofers, and passive radiators to fill every corner of your room with 30W of rich sound. Low frequencies are enhanced in real-time by our exclusive bassuptm technology.
    • Exceptional depth and clarity: motion+’s Ultra-wide frequency range stretches from 50 Hz to 40 kHz and is paired with an advanced DSP to ensure all the details and idiosyncrasies of a song are faithfully reproduced.
    • IPX7 waterproof: fully-waterproof casing provides an impenetrable barrier against liquids.
    • 12-Hour playtime: motion+’s built-in 6, 700 mAh battery lets you effortlessly soundtrack wild weekends, cozy evenings, or long summer days outdoors.
    $105.99

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

6. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

7. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

I feel like your argument wasn't fair, don't worry about the availability of the pill plus, just compare the sound quality, I can get those if I want to.

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hi, Bose has already built over 60 years ago Very good boxes. So the company has the know-how.
    I wish you much fun with your new "Bose SoundLink Mini 2".

Bose Corporation
    [​IMG]
    Type Private
    Industry Audio electronics
    Founded 1964; 58 years ago
    Founder Amar Bose
    Headquarters Framingham, Massachusetts, U.S.
    Key people
    Lila Snyder, CEO
    Jim Scammon, President and COO
    Bob Maresca, Chairman, former CEO
    Products Audio equipment
    Revenue US$3.6 billion (FY 2020)
    Owner Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    Number of employees
    7,000 (FY 2021)
    Website www.bose.com

9. recycle

recycle Guest

I read about aptX Bluetooth: it seems to be the definitive solution to have decent audio. I have not yet had the opportunity to try a good headphone with it, I think we can finally start thinking about eliminating the headphone cables in the studio (if they have also solved the latency issue with transmission)

10. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

I suppose an option might be to go into a store and listen to a few of them.

Your ears are your ears.

11. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

What will you use them for? For how much can you get each model?

I have Bose SoundLink Mini II (Special Ed., if that makes any diff..). In comparison to Sony, JBL and some others quickly in the shop, that was my choice.. Anyway, YMMV.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List