which de-reverb is the best?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by namurtik, May 20, 2024.

1. namurtik

namurtik Noisemaker

Hello everyone! Unfortunately, I have the problem that my recording room is not optimized. That's why I'm asking I should get the new RX 11 from izotope or another dereverb is better? Can you recommend something?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. odod

odod Rock Star

I have tried Accentize De Room2 .. I think it's one of the best for my taste

• List
  4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

lowering the sustain part of a transient designer can somehow do the trick, now with more transient EQ out in the market, you can just EQ out certain part of the sustain and remove the reverb.

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

what are you recording? I'd say get closer to the mic and us a a pretty gate

6. tchouangtseu

tchouangtseu Kapellmeister

My go-to is Deverberate from Acon digital, the one in RX is fine but i have better results with Deverberate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. namurtik

namurtik Noisemaker

Thank you for your answers! Has anyone tested the DeReverb from the new RX11?

8. tchouangtseu

tchouangtseu Kapellmeister

I dont think they re-wrote the algorithm for this new version but I could be wrong.. the good side of RX is that you can try multiple modules, not only the de-verb one. I'm using it daily for removing background noise and stuffs but for deverb, it doesnt give me the best results

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm also interested in the matter. Good advice, thanks :wink:

And to the others , of course

10. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Generally i'm just transient shaping and gating, if the reverb is sitting at the drums. If its a vocal, i use Clarity from Waves.

11. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I'm going to cast a vote for Acon Digital in general, as well. Between their stuff, a few different transient shapers (including SPL's Transient Designer which I still love,) and a couple gates, I can usually get audio where I want it to be. One thing I've found that's remained true over the years is that, it's better to stack a couple/few lite processes than to slam one de-verb-er, or de-ess-er or de-whatever-er. Also, keep in mind that it may be impossible to get certain recordings where you'd like them to be.
    Just my two-cents...

12. Blu

Blu Producer

Consider making and installing broad band absorption panels: you will not spend much money and you will not need those kind of processing that is always, in my experience, detrimental to sound quality.

If you can't do it a combination of more than one plugin is often the best.

For a dialogue restoration work in the past I had good results with a mix of Acon Digital and Zynaptiq dereverb products, Izotope RX 8 at that time was an inferior product for this specific task, I don't know current version.

I think that there are promising products that use newer AI technologies though, maybe try to do a research to find the current best method. My 2c