Which DAW you are using ?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by wasgedn, Feb 28, 2019.

?

which DAW you are using

1. ABLETON

2. CUBASE

3. LOGIC

4. FL STUDIO

5. SAMPLITUDE

6. STUDIO ONE

7. REAPER

8. TRACKTION

9. RENOISE

10. ACID

11. SONAR

12. ORION

13. old TRACKER

14. HARRISON MIXBUS

15. Bitwig

16. Digital Performer

17. Reason

18. Pro Tools

19. Adobe Audition

20. Magix Sequoia

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Apex Mors Cordis

Apex Mors Cordis Kapellmeister

Cubase since year 2k ... version was then Cubase VST 5.0 ... :guru:

2. poly

poly Platinum Record

After using Cubase since decades (1992) i'm now on Bitwig since 2 years!
    I do not regret it at any time.

3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

Studio One 4.1.3 , ABleton Live 9.7

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

ahh you where that ..:rofl:

5. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Started off in 2002 with protools when I was studying at MI in Hollywood then started using Live 4:guru:. Stuck with live ever since.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

so sonar3000 (bandlab) is really a freeware DAW when using only on offline station ?

7. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

:bow: the winning team for many ppl

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  8. poverkadAvPlast

poverkadAvPlast Member

Ableton 10 Yes I started at version 10 and Audacity.

Have a nice weekend pepps <3

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

sure, i added them, sorry i have not edit your post and told you about @wasgedn :shalom:

10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

11. Papawise

Papawise Newbie

a bit rare that Studio One get 1st position with big difference but not many saying it in the comments.. hmmm

here is Ableton which in fact is incorrect, so, Live.
    But it surprises me how Live became almost the same than Cubase and even more extended. When sumthin' is good, is good.

12. Piano Piano

Piano Piano Member

NUENDO :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::like::like::like::like::wink::wink::wink::wink::guru::guru::guru::guru::mates::mates::mates::mates::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So I voted Cubase.

13. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

As of now i use 5 DAWs .....Sonar,Reaper Protools,Studio one and Cubase..... being a studio owner im trying to learn them all keeps my options open for loading projects sent from customers ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. WhiteMidnightProductions

WhiteMidnightProductions Ultrasonic

Ableton Live 10 when I'm composing and recording at home. The reason I love Ableton for production is because of the themes. I've found that the GUI for DAWs can be pretty uninspiring so I have lots of themes for Ableton. Sonic Bloom has some great themes and I'll still edit some using the Ableton Theme Editor.
    Reaper when I'm mixing at home because my personal mixing rig is so bad and Reaper's CPU efficiency with plugins is stellar. Reaper can also be really fun to mix in because the themes can be really customized. We're talking analogue faders and buttons. I have an API theme and an Ableton theme but lots of analogue looking themes. There's even a Pro Tools theme.
    Studio One 4 when I'm recording and mixing for clients in the studio. I'll compose in it if I have too. If I had a better rig I'd use it for mixing.

Screenshot (20).png Screenshot (21).png Screenshot (22).png Screenshot (23).png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

youre reaper theme looks amazing

16. poverkadAvPlast

poverkadAvPlast Member

@WhiteMidnightProductions I imagined that I was alone being so childish that themes were important! :thumbsup: I love all my 119 themes, except the brightest gray ones. I use to swith once a month but now I have a hard time abandoning "Jupiter Theme" Uploaded of italoman preview: https://preview.tinyurl.com/y2glqlj8 The picture is not fair because when you have installed the theme, it looks much better. Give this theme a new home: https://tinyurl.com/y4rtuapk (Lovely theme with a wery dark bottom, Thus that it has really sharp lines and cleverly colored with smoked neon colors) A party for tired eyes. Great to hear you value thoose custom buildt ones to! <3 Sorry wasgedn for the slightly offtopic post. And hope my post don´t break any rules. If so just whipe this from earth.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  17. Maitreya

Maitreya Ultrasonic

A couple, mainly Bitwig. Really hankering for this 3.0 beta to see the grid in action. I have grown with Reason, have real soft spot for it. The 10.3 update did actually deliver. I like the propellerhead guys. Bitwig is really good too. I bought it on sale around 1.2, didnt use it for a long time. Had always wanted ableton but couldnt afford another daw (had reason). Updated to bitwig 2.4 couple of months back as i was in a position to and was intrigued with how the software had developed. Was really happy i did as 2.5 was released shortly after then 3.0 announced. so i do think ill have got my dodgy not a subscription subscriptions worth.

18. Jay Weed

Jay Weed Ultrasonic

Just getting back into it doing things and was a sonar guy for year with reaper in 2nd place, now I am looking to build on my knowledge of sonars feature set especially now that I know they are still keeping it alive with new ownership and I would love to see there be a sonar section here on this sight for all of us sonar fans, Reaper is cool but it has some things that I dislike that sonar got right. I mainly used it as a slave with rewire to bridge certain plugins it would see that sonar did not. The way I can organize my plugins in Sonar was a lot more useful. I also like ACT and being able to modify the controller assignments so that a knob will do what I want it to do. Blue cats patcher really is the one plugin I cannot do without in all my projects as it is what helps me make up for some of the shortfalls I found in Sonar that made my life easier for using it live. Still I notice that a lot of guys who were sonar advocates abandoned it for Studio One and I am now looking at maybe adding that DAW on as a secondary DAW. I play guitar and keys and need to learn to use drum based programs for my drum needs since I don't play drums.

Now that Sonar is free the need for a sonar section might be needed. Cakewalk and bandlab have their own forums that are great but when I want to discuss certain issues having to do with integrating usage of other software I need the assistance of guys who are using that kind of software. That will for now be the software from the sister site.

19. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

anybody have a slow startup of Ableton 10.1.3 after restart pc? Windows 10

20. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Reaper and Bitwig. Both are Linux supported. I like Bitwig the most, because I am used to Ableton Live and Bitwig is Ableton Live from the future. It's hard to switch for most because they like their comfort zone but technically, Bitwig is superior to Ableton Live.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List