Which DAW has the Best Internal Plugins?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by jim26, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Sibyl

Sibyl Member

@jim26, you should add a poll. It's a good question for that.

Logic Pro X has damn good internal plugins.

2. stefodis

stefodis Producer

For VST instuments: logic on mac, and FL on PC
    For VST fx my choice would be Samplitude (the proX version) without a doubt, because of the sonic quality of the analog modelling suite.

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Sonar used to have vocal pitch correction called V-vocal but they & Studio one have it now and its called called Melodyne ARA
    Cubase have it also its called VariAudio

4. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

With Logic Pro X you won't go wrong, regardless the genre you produce.

5. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Normally not a user of supplied soft synths or effects for that matter but i must say im loving Retrolouge2 in Cubase , really fun to program and great filters and really fat, also like Bass Amp. pretty good Channel strip included in Mixer as well

6. donniekq

donniekq Member

I'd have to say ableton, from my experience. I played around with almost all major daws, got into ableton, tried a bunch of VSTs (as you do when you find out about the sister site and such), and then went back to study all of the aleton's native ones.
    Apart from hen being really good in the sound department, they fit the environment nicely. Dunno if that's a plus, but it does something for me.

7. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

logic has the best stock plugins
    studio one has the worst stock plugins

8. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

I have not used much PT live but I think (imho) PT overall has the best built in plugins of all. I anyway don't rely on DAW's plugins and use third party. This way it is easy to master the plugins of your choice as well as save your own presets to be use in other DAW if you use multiple DAWs.

9. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Depends on what you're into. For recording or other general stuff, I guess DAWs like Cubase have the best stock plugins. If you're into electronic music production, Live's stock plugins are unparalleled. Plus, with the Live Suite and Max for Live, an universe of sound manipulation is at your fingertips, unbeknownst to any other DAW.

10. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Sonar Platinum is unbeatable, you actually even don't have to buy a single plugin to be able to mix with it at quality level. ProChannel is the best thing since sliced bread, as people say :rofl:

11. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

I'm very surprised that FL Studio isn't mentioned more often and the times it has been mentioned it was mostly in a little bit of a negative way. I'm an Ableton user but I really like having excess to some of the FL Studio native plug-ins through the sister site (although I should just buy the ones I use once I get the money) as VST. I've never really used FL Studio in itself extensively and I admit that the normal stuff like EQ, compressor, distortion and delay-type effects don't strike me as all that special.

But I'm a very big fan of some of their synths and their vocoder. I absolutely love both Sytrus and Harmor because of their insane capabilities if you know where to look for them. I have to admit that both are very deep synths that take some time to get the most out of. But if you're into making electronic music it's really hard to beat those synths. Basically, any sound I make either comes from Serum, Harmor or Sytrus nowadays. Also, their vocoder is by far the best I've ever used and I've tried quite a few. Ableton has its own vocoder but I think it just can't compete with Vocodex because of its insane possibilities.

I've never used the DAW but from reading (this place among others) I can only really see Logic compete with FL Studio but that's obviously heavily dependent on what kind of music you like to make. I also quite like a bunch of the stock plug-ins within Ableton (with the EQ being able to compete with Pro-Q from FabFilter) but I can't imagine the most of them being the absolute best among all the native plug-ins out there.

12. jim26

jim26 Noisemaker

I don't think that i can "edit" the post in order to add a poll. Maybe the admin can help as...

13. jim26

jim26 Noisemaker

Hi, i agree with you about Harmor and Sytrus, but both of them can be used as a vst by any other DAW (also Vocodex i think). My question was mostly about internal plugins (audio effects-midi effects-instruments) that can not be used by any other DAW and you feel-think that are unique. For example, in my opinion, Ableton's Simpler and Sampler are simply amazing. I cant find any other DAW that has the ability to manipulate samples-loops (ADSR-Sampling-Slicing etc.) as Ableton. They all have their own Sampler's, but i feel that they are far away.

14. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

True, some third-party effects plug-ins might be better, but you'd inquired about the best stock, comes-with, plug-ins.
    Ableton Live and Studio One have some great built-in effects; some of Live's are pretty innovative; S1 has an unique delay. I've used several DAWs, including all of those cited by respondents to this point, and would have to say that the selection of plug-ins included in Logic Pro is the most "comprehensive." (Not just effects, but the instruments as well.) The new pitch-correction (flex pitch) in Logic is practically (for my purposes) Melodyne. Space Designer is an excellent reverb application in itself; it even comes with a much-overlooked utility for making one's own IRs (similar to, but simpler than, what Altiverb features).

However, some of Logic's effects are CPU-hogs, particularly the Channel EQ, which got even worse in the transition from LP9 to LPX, thanks to the change in the GUI. (I make sure to use instead a lightweight EQ, such as EQuick, at least for starters). I had been ignoring Logic's new compressor, but when I did, I was impressed. The guitar amps devour processing, too – but they’ve been improved with upgrades of LP. Freeze the guitar/bass tracks, and the CPU issue is solved.

15. m9cao

m9cao Producer

Hi what is best? sound, gui, or?
    Logic's plugins better, Ableton has best workflow(fx group,very powerful), FL has best GUI design(in my view).

16. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

I`d say, Samplitude and Sequoia have very unique and good plugins.
    But it is hard to say if they are the best...

I actually find all the stock DAW plugs to be plus/minus the same... the only major difference be it the user interface.

I can here some difference on reverbs (I like the Cubase choice of reverbs)
    Limiters, Compressors and EQs are very similar.

From a musicians perspective, they are all mediocre and usable.
    I like more the "custom" ones, since they are easier to use, are often more intuitive, and require less fiddling around to get a good sound.

But that is all subjective, and I find often myself changing my mind on this matter.
    ...it probably depends on how good or bad I here that day :)

17. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Pro Tools plugs are by AiR Music Tech.......

18. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I think Reaper JS plugins are fantastic and Cubase Reverence is fanatic also.
    I would not say stock plugins are worse than separate I would say it depends on the programmers..

19. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Where is the evidence to support this? Surely this is not based on just your opinion :unsure:

20. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

None of the two has "the best"... but they are exploitable beyond limits... if you are into EDM, go for Ableton, S1 is not EDM friendly. When mixing is the main topic, go for S1, ableton is a little bit annoying to manipulate for a mix. Anyone is a good choice, tho