which DAW do you recommend

Discussion in 'DAW' started by MiMo69, Jan 31, 2019.

1. kims

kims Kapellmeister

Sorry for my bad english, but one of the reasons i dont like reaper, is that i think its amature that someone on the net have to make a script for reaper, so of course it cpu friendly :)

Bandlab cakewalk is not dead, it does get updates, but not every month as before :)

i did like samplitude too, but cakewalk is just a tat better

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. MiMo69

MiMo69 Newbie

Okay guys, after reading all your answers and multiple failed tries to crack studio one, i think that considering my cash and pc specs, im gonna go for reaper. There is a lot tutorials on youtube and it interface looks more friendly that cubase 5.
    Thanks to everyone for your time. I will post my first creations soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. panspOrmia

panspOrmia Ultrasonic

Reaper... all the way. For me, nothing touches it.
    But... be prepared for the massive 11mb download! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Omg hahaha that made my day :rofl:

5. maikelsolo

maikelsolo Newbie

Give Cakewalk by Bandlab a chance. Not only is it powerful and very easy to use, now is free. You get a professional DAW for 0.00€. Is not it amazing?
    CbB can work with wasapi driver (win 10) with the internal interface of your PC (CbB is only available for PC's) and with latencies of less than 10ms. It is not the best audio interface quality but it works.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

It actually has the same legacy features... and now even more. What exactlydo you miss since Apple aquired Emagic beside the PC version ?

7. J Frank Badass

J Frank Badass Ultrasonic

i also vote for Sonar (now Cakewalk by Bandlab), for a different reason
    since Sonar X2, it has had the best quality playback from VSTi instruments on Kontakt and such like pianos etc
    im not sure what the difference is, but i get alot better results than when i tried Reaper and Cubase and such
    perhaps the 64-bit audio engine, i dont know
    Samplitude comes the closest to the sound quality, but its just too difficult a workflow IMHO
    now that Sonar is free, its a no-brainer for me

good luck!

8. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Love these threads, always learn a lot when reading them.

You decided to go for Reaper, but in case you do get back to Studio One, make sure to download the 40 or so gigs of sample content that you can get from your account (depending on the edition you got). Seems like there's a whole bunch of very usable soundsets included.

9. kims

kims Kapellmeister

agree on that, dont hear anything diff. on the sound though, i did also start with paid cakewalk sonar pro, and then had a paid samplitude, but bandlab cakewalk is so much better workflow, maybe its because of the big paycheck the developers got on their every month update from the sonar time

10. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I had been using Sonar since 8 or so, but few years ago I I left it for Reaper,
    feature-wise, Sonar now being free is ultimate choice on Windows,
    but in the long run I learned I don't use majority of Sonar stuff (in fact coolest things were third-party tools, like Melodyne, TH3, Breverb etc..) but needed some functionality Sonar could not reliably provide (matrix-based region rendering, tempo/speed rhytm mangling, advanced routing etc..) and also decided to leave Windows and go MacOS (hackintosh later) so I ended up with Reaper (Studio One being secondary choice that time)