Which DAW do you find most aesthetically pleasing?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by The cleanest prophet, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Best DAW interface is when don't have an intention to change something, when you don't see it as an interface but as a tool and just do your job.:guru:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. odod

odod Rock Star

how much do you suggest for the donation?

3. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

You can donate any amount you want, but a small amount between €5 and €10 should be fine. Make sure to follow the donation instructions on the forum page for the version of the theme you want. Do note that it may take a day or two for him to reply and give you the theme after donating.

Back on topic, Renoise. Some people here have already mentioned it. It looks really good IMO. My favorite built-in themes are Redux and Gray&Green, especially the latter since it reminds me a lot of the Game Boy.

4. tnc

tnc Producer

Customizing main windows in Reaper can look good, but...... What they don't show you is what Reaper looks like when having menus opened, configuration windows open etc. Looks like Windows 98 SE (hey, thats a lot better than Windows 95!)...

I try Reaper every other year to see how far it has come... but each time I rage quit.. . I really WANT to like/love it.. I'm a nerd and like being able to do shortcut things, building scripts, macros etc. But simple things are just plain weird to setup compared to all other DAWs (Cubase, Bitwig etc).. I can do macros in Cubase as well...And Bitwig is a whole other level when producing electronica. (I wouldnt track record using Bitwig though).

I'm absolutely sure that Reaper is awesome if you know everything about it. It still looks like crap though (skinning just makes some aspects different, but not the whole programs gui).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

FL Studio is something similar, graphically totally wrong, buttons and font too small and this olive color. Ask a FL Studio user who loves his FL Studio, he'll tell you great. Ask a Reaper user who loves his Reaper DAW, he will tell you everything beautifully ...!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Kabu

Kabu Member

Which spoon is more aesthetically tasty for my dinner?
    I witnessed for nearly 10 years of at least 5 DAWs Experience, if you don't play live or perform at least one instrument, if you don't know music theory, you are just playing a mess in an ocean of huge musical eternity and you will never ever get the spirit of music. The rest is just like changing a spoon for getting better taste.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I totally agree on all your points. It was weird too because I kept my ego in check and helped him along but he ended up saying dumb shit he didn't even understand like it's gospel. Back then I was making that type of music and even taking some clients on the side in the genre he was making but I didn't tell people who didn't need to know that so he didn't know because he's never worked with any before that and I felt his insecurities before so I didn't mention it to him. I told him about the other genre I was making.

So this gave him footing like he knew better but he didn't and that didn't bother me either, I'm happy to help regardless. It's him coming at me like I'm wrong because he's never heard of this thing I'm talking about before. I saw no signs he was about to go all narc on me within the matter of one session together, which I didn't bring him back to continue the third day after the first two days of letting him stay over so we could focus.

We pretty much were just friends that hung out and then started talking music when we figured out we both produced then we tried to do that collab so nothing serious. It just taught me that there could also be creative people with talent who can still hate on you with envy despite them having their own thing in front of them which they could water and grow so they could be happy and not have any time to hate on anyone else.

Wooden spoon is best.

8. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Collaboration is like a marriage or an intense short-term relationship, depending on the length. When more than one person is involved, it is the responsibility of all parties to make it work with that responsibility being equal. There are schadenfreudes everywhere. If your radar goes up, it is probably right and divorce yourself from the situation.
    We cannot change others, only how we deal with any situation. You seem like a really good dude, so do not beat yourself up about others because we can only be who we are.. You have to sleep with your thoughts at night, nobody else does... The fact you recognise those negative qualities means you can avoid taking them onboard yourself... that's a great thing...However, when you find a kindred spirit musically, do not let it pass you by without at least trying to do something. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thanks, it's very hard to find even regular people who don't produce that I could trust these days in general because of these same issues let alone someone that writes music who will actually be happy for you instead of secretly hating you for using using the same 24 hours different.

I realized that people who aren't narcs are a dime a dozen, they even have time to peer into your life because they haven't got one of their own. Trust me when I find the right people I won't be stupid enough to let them go. Schadenfreudes rolls of the tongue so god damn good, I will have to replace narcs with it this instance.
    [​IMG]

10. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

I do use Reaper on a daily basis, and never need to use/see Reaper's own menus,
    other than for adjusting the IO Sends/Receives occasionally.. or ofc adding the FX/Instruments before floating them.

It's indeed plain, but it's very small menus, and once they're set you can forget..
    (and then some themes actually manage to modify that IO menu..)

I can agree tho, that the Stock FX are very uninviting/uninspiring,
    but well I just never use them, only third party stuff..

There's been a Ton of Awesome Themes developed in the last few years,
    but my favorite theme has always been the classic Default Analog v1.8..

[​IMG]

Not the fanciest by any means, but it's just Perfect for me/my eyes,
    I just could not Work, or even try with any other theme..

Most themes are too Dark/Bright Colorful/Plain Simple/Strange to me.. (for Working, not for showing off)
    but this one is just right on the spot! :yes:

(And naturally I've tried them all,
    I'm the one making/sharing the packed collection on the sister site! :wink:)

(I'm not a Mixer view user tho, only TCP..)

11. Jeff Maneville

Jeff Maneville Ultrasonic

WOW, that's very nice. What is the name of that theme?

12. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Looks like some version of "Pro-X Tools Gold ED"..

13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

It shows 3 different colors on there. But the file has one theme, it seems. How would I choose the black theme if I dropped that into my Reaper folder?

Thanks for posting this theme too. I hope you post it over in the Reaper skin thread if you haven't already.

14. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

If you mean the Dark version of "Default Analog", it's just a matter of changin the Layouts..

You've got them all listed on Options/Layouts, where the selection/change will be Global..
    Or you can change each Track individually by left clicking on it, and selecting from "Track Layout" list..

Many themes have lots of very different layouts to choose from,
    some are Aesthetic changes, some are more Functional..

Other similar Dark themes based on V4 Default, could be:
    all the Commala versions,
    one simply called "Black" or "Blackmore"
    or "B&B"

There's surely Tons more,
    but those come to mind..

If you were talking about "Pro-X Tools Gold ED".. I don't know what you meant!

15. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

Btw here is Cubase 7.5
    Personally, I prefer it more, than 11
    0809AFC2-9CCA-45B9-8152-A29C829A250C.jpeg

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

17. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Yes, how do I do that? I'm still noob learning Reaper at this point. Other skins I dropped in there only had one to choose from so it just worked automatically next time I launched Reaper.

18. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

C11 GUI is good, but you cant make similar color scheme, like in 7.5

19. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

You've got them all listed on the Menu > Options/Layouts, where the selection/change will be Global..
    Or you can change each Track individually by left clicking on it, and selecting from "Track Layout" list.. :wink:

20. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thank you so much dude!